I've read in the forums here about having apps running in the background will drain battery life. I usually try to make a habit of closing apps properly, but I was wondering, how exactly do I check what's running in the background?

I'm still sorta new to my bb 8330. I used to have a winmo phone which I had a love/hate relationship with but at least I knew how to check for running apps...
    07-05-08 11:44 PM
    I've read in the forums here about having apps running in the background will drain battery life. I usually try to make a habit of closing apps properly, but I was wondering, how exactly do I check what's running in the background?

I'm still sorta new to my bb 8330. I used to have a winmo phone which I had a love/hate relationship with but at least I knew how to check for running apps...
    before you start molesting your BB - consider wheter or not you have REAL battery issues.........their is a simple way to check and/or end active apps...but I suggest leaving the BB alone unless some dire situation dictates otherwise...that being said.........I will walk you thru it if you REALLY want to do it........just lemme know.....(going to get a beer - brb)
    07-05-08 11:51 PM
    To check for open apps, press alt and the back key.
    Browser, Messages, BBM, Home and Call Logs will
    always run and cannot be closed
    07-05-08 11:59 PM
    To check for open apps, press alt and the back key.
    Browser, Messages, BBM, Home and Call Logs will
    always run and cannot be closed
    Or you can Menu> Menu again > Switch Applications and it will bring up the apps that are running.
    07-06-08 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD