I can't possibly be the only person experiencing this, however I have searched and searched and can't find the answer.
    When I pull up the calendar in agenda view (which is my default and I like the best) appointments are missing. I know they are there because I put them in and when i go to day view they are there. Also, when I try to scroll down in agenda view it jumps all over the place.
    The reason I bought a blackberry was so I would quit missing appointments, and now it's worse than ever with the 8530. My 8330 was so much more reliable.
    any ideas what's up or how I can fix this?

thanks,
    Terri
    04-20-10 07:39 PM
    Try turning on Show Free Time in Agenda View and see if that stops the jumping around. Agenda View won't show days that have no appointments. I don't know why appointments wouldn't show. I haven't had that problem with any BlackBerry.
    04-20-10 08:04 PM
    You are not the only one. 2 new 8530's in our house. Mine works fine, hubby's doesn't. When in agenda view, scroll down from today and will go til about
    May 13th, then jumps to the first date in July with an appt. Now there are several items on the calendar for June. Weird thing is once it hits July, if you scroll up, it will scroll thru all the June dates that were missed on the scroll down.

Mine happens to work with no problems. Hubby's does work okay if you show free time, but that just clutters the calendar.

Do you happen to be sharing appts. with a group or just scheduling on your own calendar? (Trying to find similarities between yours and my hubby's use of the calendar).

His defaults to Day view. Mine defaults to Agenda view.

Let me know if you've found a solution elsewhere.
    04-30-10 03:27 PM
    Have you set the Show Calendar to all or just to a certain email. Mine gives me the option to choose my either the hotmail,yahoo,Blackberry.net or defaut calendars. Maybe this will help? I set mine to all and everything shows up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 03:35 PM
    I have this same exact problem. Some, but not all, appointments go missing on Agenda view. Why others display okay is a mystery. I've even tried deleting and recreating the offending appointments - no difference. Scrolling is spotty - sometimes scrolls wildly, other times it freezes in place and I can't scroll at all. A task I have due in 2 days shows up at the very bottom as Thu 12 Feb 1705435 (the year is 1705435??), then next is April 2010. Enabling 'Show free time' fixes all this, but my schedule is full enough without cluttering it with multiple 'Free time' entries. Show Calendar is set to All so that doesn't seem to make a difference.

I found that going into Options > General Options > Show tasks, and setting it to No, fixes everything. A minor inconvenience not to have those task reminders there, but better than having to slog through 'Free time' entries or Day/Week views.

Seems very much like a bug, but since I'm a BB n00b I haven't a clue where one would report this to RIM.
    Last edited by g33kgrrl2; 05-04-10 at 11:36 AM. Reason: forgot to add more info
    05-04-10 11:31 AM
    I had a very similar problem. The bug seems to stem from open ended tasks (ie, tasks that don't have a specific due date). Once I deleted the tasks or assigned a due date the agenda view displayed things normally.

I even experimented with it a little. I created a new task without a due date, and the problem cropped up. I went back in and assigned a due date, and it disappeared. It didn't matter whether it was due in the next week or several years into the future either, so you can set nonsense dates far into the future for tasks that don't have a real due date. So you can keep your tasks without the "free time" solution.

It's still a bug, and needs to be fixed, but this was the best quick fix for me. Hope it helps!
    06-25-10 11:30 PM
    I'd suggest using PocketInformant. Great for juggling appointments, contacts, etc. It's not free, but it's cheap and there's a free trial.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 10:12 AM
    I had a very similar problem. The bug seems to stem from open ended tasks (ie, tasks that don't have a specific due date). Once I deleted the tasks or assigned a due date the agenda view displayed things normally.

I even experimented with it a little. I created a new task without a due date, and the problem cropped up. I went back in and assigned a due date, and it disappeared. It didn't matter whether it was due in the next week or several years into the future either, so you can set nonsense dates far into the future for tasks that don't have a real due date. So you can keep your tasks without the "free time" solution.
    Thank you SO much! The whole reason I got a bb was to keep track of my schedule and when I started having probs I was Freaking! This seems to have fixed it... seems odd, but it worked.
    08-08-10 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD