my curve has been moving slower all around for the past 24 hours and its annoying me. anyone ahving similar problems. operating system moving slow and especially loading and sending messages.

also, when you delete apps from the app store they are not being removed from my bb app world list? anyone else have this issue?

i know alot about these things and im stuck on what to do. help
    08-07-09 12:39 PM
    No, this has never happened to anyone else before. Search is your friend:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/sl...w-slow-288355/

P.S. This thread is just 6 threads below this one.
    08-07-09 12:41 PM
    i've been running on GSM for an hour and it's pissing me off! I need my data!
    08-07-09 12:41 PM
    My 8900 has been running slow too. I'm glad its not just my phone. Now the question is what's causing it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 01:00 PM
    i've been running on GSM for an hour and it's pissing me off! I need my data!
    Reggie, Didn't you have issues yesterday too?
    08-07-09 01:12 PM
    Reggie has issues every day!
    08-07-09 01:15 PM
    hahahaha.... my 8900 isn't running at all. No legs!!
    08-07-09 01:22 PM
    had it the day before. both times @ work. now admittedly, my connection isn't the best inside the building. However, I walked outside to see if I could improve the signal and got full bars but it still stayed on GSM. I'm going to go to lunch here shortly to see what happens. **** i've done two battery pulls.
    08-07-09 01:33 PM
    Reggie has issues every day!
    that would be correct.

edit: as soon as i talk ish about it, EDGE comes back. I'm calling TMO for a data credit!
    Last edited by ReggieTee; 08-07-09 at 01:41 PM.
    08-07-09 01:33 PM
    that would be correct.
    Reggie, I know someone mentioned yesterday there was an outtage in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Maybe they are still having network issues?

Edit: LOL, that's about right!
    08-07-09 01:42 PM
    yes, i read that thread and there problems are different. i also did everything mentioned in there. i am not having browser problems like that.

my entire messages and os are moving slow. especially sending mesages.
    08-07-09 02:03 PM
    Do you have an 8900? Your status says that you have a Bold.
    08-07-09 02:05 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull yet?

If you are unfamiliar witha battery pull make sure you leave the phone on and pull the battery for at least 20 seconds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 02:05 PM
    Yep, i have an 8900. i have had it for a few months now, ill fix my status. i have done 2 battery pulls today and i usually leave the battery out for 30-45 seconds before starting up again.
    08-07-09 02:24 PM
    How much free memory do you have? Do you store media on your device or on a media card? How many apps do you leave running in the background?
    08-07-09 02:34 PM
    i never leave any apps running in the background, unless i am using them. i always close them. i do the same for my browser, so i only have the bb basics always running. in app memory i have 118 mb free, and all my media is on the memory card.

i am very meticulous with my phone, thats why this is frustrating me. i really am starting to think the problem might be solely when i am texting. just regular texts, nothing with pins is moving as slow.

maybe its my friends iphone?
    08-07-09 02:39 PM
    yeah mine was running slow a few days ago but I found out it was because of the HUGE app I downloaded....poor thing couldn't keep up!!

everything works fine fine now!!!
    08-07-09 02:45 PM
    Are you running a 3rd party theme? If so change it to another theme - maybe even a default one. Other than that you can try a SIM card pull on your phone and if that doesn't work then you can try to get a new SIM card for your device. Try to take out your memory card too and run your device without it to see if that is the problem.
    08-07-09 02:45 PM
    i will try the sim card and memory card pull i havent tried that. i am running on a regular bb theme, i ahve had bad luck with custom themes on the 8900, dont know why.

i really think it could be my friends iphone. it takes 3 seconds to open up any messages he sends or i send to him. however, when i send messages to other people, they go faster, regular speeds. my sister has an iphone and i tested with her and its perfect.

does that make any sense, that it could be his phone?
    08-07-09 02:53 PM
    had it the day before. both times @ work. now admittedly, my connection isn't the best inside the building. However, I walked outside to see if I could improve the signal and got full bars but it still stayed on GSM. I'm going to go to lunch here shortly to see what happens. **** i've done two battery pulls.
    Same here. Been a couple days now stuck on GSM.
    08-07-09 03:15 PM
    Reggie, I know someone mentioned yesterday there was an outtage in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Maybe they are still having network issues?

Edit: LOL, that's about right!
    It went out again right after I posted it had come back on. I called TMO and there were issues in Dallas. Engineers were working on it. It's back now because i've retired my ipod to the drawer and got Pandora on.
    08-07-09 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD