11-17-09 07:57 PM
65 123
tools
    It was really bothering me. Unlike other generations (my 8700) did the same thing but you could put a folded piece of paper under the door and it would firm it up. In this case the door has no latches on the sides so it bulges if you do that. My solution was to take two small squares of black electrical tape and put them right at the top on either side of the camera near where the back slots under the body. I put another overlapping the recess that the latch fits into...down into the recess and up and over the top edge. Its enough to tighten it perfectly. Haven't noticed it since and it doesn't make the back bulge.
    01-19-09 10:43 AM
    I have done something similar with this Bold that I have and it worked like a charm.
    01-19-09 10:47 AM
    My batt door wiggles a little if i put pressure on it and move my finger but its not an issue at all but i'll ty the tip.
    01-19-09 01:22 PM
    Got my 8900 today and I thought I let you guys know what I did since it was a bit different from the OP. I only put tape on the battery door, nothing on the phone itself.

The part of the door I put tape on was the "tabs" which are the parts that slide under the phone trim on either side of the camera assembly. What I did was cut about 1/2 inch piece of electrical tape and then cut it in half. Then I took one half and then placed the edge of it on the top part of the battery door tab, just the tab part only and not the part you see on the outside. Then I wrapped the rest of the tape around the tab and to the bottom of the door - the part on the inside that is towards the phone. I repeated this with the other tab. Now when I put my battery door back on it fits nicely and does not move around.

I hope this actually makes sense. It worked out really well for me.
    01-21-09 10:24 PM
    i used a piece of double sided tape, folded it and placed it on the little square area behind the battery door

no more shaky shaky
    01-23-09 04:50 PM
    I have a skin on mine as I specialize in tossimg my smart phones down concrete stairs..... So no rattle here, but by golly it is thin isn't it!!!!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 05:20 PM
    i used a piece of double sided tape, folded it and placed it on the little square area behind the battery door

no more shaky shaky
    You didn't already have a foam square piece on the battery door? The 8900 I ordered from Rogers already had a piece on the battery door, but it still wiggled. Does your battery door "flex upward" now that you added in the double tape? I'm thinking you used the tape that has foam between the two stick sides, if you used something different please let us know.
    01-23-09 05:22 PM
    I have a skin on mine as I specialize in tossimg my smart phones down concrete stairs..... So no rattle here, but by golly it is thin isn't it!!!!?

My brother specializes in the exact same thing only he is not partial to smartphones, any phone will do for him. I guess he is just special like that.
    01-23-09 05:24 PM
    I haven't had any issues w/my battery door YET...but does anybody know if the Seidio 1600mAh battery is the EXACT same size as the stock battery, or a bit thicker? I'm thinking even if it's just a smidge thicker, it might solve some of those battery door issues. I was contemplating picking one up regardless.
    01-23-09 05:43 PM
    Interesting. I'll try this later. Thanks!

01-23-09 06:33 PM
    You didn't already have a foam square piece on the battery door? The 8900 I ordered from Rogers already had a piece on the battery door, but it still wiggled. Does your battery door "flex upward" now that you added in the double tape? I'm thinking you used the tape that has foam between the two stick sides, if you used something different please let us know.
    yea the battery door already had the "useless" foam square on it but i just used some average scotch removable double sided tape, folded it and placed it on top of the foam (sorry to confuse).

it def seems a lot more steady and secure
    01-23-09 06:38 PM
    can you post pics of where you put the tape exactly? thanks!!
    01-27-09 10:50 PM
    i noticed it was loose. i threw on a gel skin so i guess it's a non issue for now
    01-28-09 02:27 AM
    I did this guy's tape trick here and it indeed helped a lot. I didn't have black tape but used masking tape.
    01-28-09 07:28 AM

I did the same thing, the wiggle was annoying so i got the skin i dont notice at all anymore. next on the list is the screen protector!!!
    01-28-09 12:28 PM
    I am so knocked out with the screen I hope my Invisible Shield gets here soon!! I am really tough on my phones, they live in my trouser pocket, sit next to change and ..... KEYS!!! (The HORROR!!!!!!!) But I have taken to removing it from my pocket when I bath the two kids as they now like to play 'tidal wave' with daddy.. (I think that's what killed my compact camera last week.....

01-28-09 12:49 PM
    All pretty slick suggestions, it was light weight bothering me, I was considering just replaceing the whole back door!
    01-28-09 10:58 PM
    i need the black one..
    01-28-09 11:03 PM
    I plan on getting a Seidio extended battery. I heard it is slightly thicker than OEM battery but does not push out the battery door, so that might be another alternative.
    01-29-09 08:39 AM
    It was really bothering me. Unlike other generations (my 8700) did the same thing but you could put a folded piece of paper under the door and it would firm it up. In this case the door has no latches on the sides so it bulges if you do that. My solution was to take two small squares of black electrical tape and put them right at the top on either side of the camera near where the back slots under the body. I put another overlapping the recess that the latch fits into...down into the recess and up and over the top edge. Its enough to tighten it perfectly. Haven't noticed it since and it doesn't make the back bulge.
    Thank you, I have been a little irked over this for about a week.
    01-30-09 05:11 PM
    Great suggestion with the tape. Love your ingenuity.

01-30-09 05:34 PM
    my door is a tad loose too and I am a perfectionist... So it really bothers me and my keys wobble a tad too! So is there anyone willing to post pics of how they did their trick? I really dont feel like calling up tmobile for a loose battery door u know? Thanks guys!!
    02-02-09 11:41 PM
    my door is a tad loose too and I am a perfectionist... So it really bothers me and my keys wobble a tad too! So is there anyone willing to post pics of how they did their trick? I really dont feel like calling up tmobile for a loose battery door u know? Thanks guys!!
    agreed... plzzzz
    02-05-09 01:55 PM
    I took a different approach after reading everything. There is alot of great ideas but i wanted to show everyone mine. I took a basic rubber band. About medium sized and i cut small chunks. I placed them in the locations in the photo. The rubber is just bigger then the battery if you look at it horizontally. The backing fits perfectly, there is no bulge and it doesnt move, and when i want to remove it just flip the phone over, and the rubber will fall out. anyways if anyone else uses this let me know how it worked for you.
    02-05-09 11:00 PM
    Interesting idea. Your rubberband pieces at the top of your phone are basically in the same location that I put electrical tape on my battery door. Serves the exact same purpose anyway. I don't think I would feel comfortable with the pieces on the SIM card though but that's just me.
    02-05-09 11:02 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD