Driving me crazy! Both my husband's business and my daughter's business come through gmail and it hasn't worked right for several days on my BB curve.

It's probably google's issue,
    but just in case I am messing something up...
    I clean my cache out daily.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-08 07:05 PM
    Driving me crazy! Both my husband's business and my daughter's business come through gmail and it hasn't worked right for several days on my BB curve.

It's probably google's issue,
    but just in case I am messing something up...
    I clean my cache out daily.

Thanks

Please explain what is not working and the problem.
    08-11-08 07:19 PM
    Oo.
    It is so slow to load that it says error timed out.
    OR
    I can get in but then it won't let me open any emails or the contact list. A black box pops up that says something of which I cannot remember, sorry, but it was technical jargon.
    Everything else works on all our sites and other email but not gmail.

I can't remember if it wasn't sending them to my BB or not, sorry. Short term memory issues. :-/ but I think that part was working ok.

08-11-08 07:31 PM
    I'm not having any issues with GMail. Delivery is instant, even faster than getting it on my PC.

08-11-08 07:34 PM
    I am not having any problems like that was GMail at all.

Have you tried to reboot your BB? and/or resend your service books
    08-11-08 07:36 PM
    no reportable issues
    08-11-08 07:41 PM
    I'm not having any issues with GMail. Delivery is instant, even faster than getting it on my PC.

just curious.. why use gmail versus blackberry.net email?

Are there pro/cons to either? I have both, but my gmail has a lot of spam, so I'm pretty selective with my blackberry email address and try to keep it just for work and close friends who know not to spread it around or send me silly spam-able emails or chain letters..

What am I missing? Seems like a lot of BB users use gmail as their preferred email.
    08-11-08 08:12 PM
    Well, in our case, they use gmail instead of the BB address because the BB is MINE! *cackles* LOL
    and they just get to use it when I am not. Hehe *evil laugh*
    (They just have reg verizon LGs)

I did nicely set up my husband's email to come to MY BB, just this weekend, and am even adding his contacts (that's what I was trying to do when I couldn't get in to gmail) to MY BB so it's easier for him to reply to them. Haha

(How magnanimous of me since I am crackberry addict, don't you think? Hehe)

08-11-08 08:33 PM
    just curious.. why use gmail versus blackberry.net email?

Are there pro/cons to either? I have both, but my gmail has a lot of spam, so I'm pretty selective with my blackberry email address and try to keep it just for work and close friends who know not to spread it around or send me silly spam-able emails or chain letters..

What am I missing? Seems like a lot of BB users use gmail as their preferred email.
    Gmail you can check on a computer and your BB you can not. So if you had to print a email or have HTML in the message Gmail is better.

08-11-08 08:36 PM
    Gmail you can check on a computer and your BB you can not. So if you had to print a email or have HTML in the message Gmail is better.

that's a compelling point! why is that? makes no sense to me... BB is geared towards business world, but no real easy way to print your email or even view it on a desktop computer?! How long is it stored? (versus gmail=forever) Thanks for the comment
    08-11-08 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD