I tried to research everything before I made the switch from a Palm Treo 700p but I missed that the T-Mobile Curve 8320 couldn't browse the web without going through Blackberry's internet service. From what I've been able to find out neither my Curve's browser or Blackberry's system support streaming audio.

Any solutions or corrections to what I've stated above?

I really enjoyed being able to listen to internet radio stations.

Cheers,
    Mike
    12-04-07 04:38 PM
    Upon further research, I find that the Blackberry also does not have a flash player installed and there isn't one available.

Once again...please tell me I'm wrong

Cheers,
    Mike
    12-04-07 05:07 PM
    No flash player, but most blackberry users do not really need one.

Streaming music is still not available, though radiobee is a program available for it, but I've never had success with it.
    12-04-07 08:26 PM
    How can the blackberry pearl able to stream xm radio but the 8830 can not? Is this a provider issue or a phone issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-07 09:16 AM
    Good question, it would have been a smart idea to incorporate two of the oldest and most widely used technologies on the internet that have been around for the past decade, but who knows why they took them out. My guess is they forgot or were too lazy.

What other explanation could there possibly be?
    12-13-07 02:33 AM
    I have an icon for streaming radio on my curve through att so as far as I know you can stream audio on a blackberry and I know there are flash plug ins also but I don't know the names. I will have to research it first at home. Again though this is through att.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-07 05:43 PM
    I was searching and came across this:

Dollars 5 Complete � mediaPlayer for Blackberry 8800, 8300 and 8100

I can stream a whole bunch of things onto my 8300. It's unlocked for tmobile in the denver area. Works good up until I try 128kbps streams, then it skips a little.

Also my glee was unfounded when I discovered it.
    12-13-07 08:41 PM
    My apologies no flash plug ins but i have read if you select support imbedded media under you browser options you will see some flah but at a very limited rate. I can however stream music on my phone through the xm radio app.
    12-13-07 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD