hey, guys.. i found that the sound of 8900 is very poor... is not like my nokia E90 that can wake me up with its alarm.... the ringtone is kinda bit a problem with me if im not in indoor environment... i can barely hear the ringtone sound... I already pull the high level of sound but still i cant hear it...

So, any idea whatsoever to raise the ringtones sound level??

Cheers....
    09-06-09 07:47 AM
    What OS version are you running???
    09-06-09 08:23 AM
    4.6.1.231.... is that a correct answer???
    09-06-09 09:28 PM
    I don't know if there is an answer to this, but it's always been my problem with the 8900, i feel like im going deaf i can't hear the person on the other line [ what i do and it helps a bit, is attach the headset and it sounds a little louder, clearer, better IMO] However my speaker for ringtones, or alarm is actually REALLY loud compared to anything. I'm running the latest OFFICIAL T-Mobile OS.
    09-06-09 11:32 PM
    I don't know if there is an answer to this, but it's always been my problem with the 8900, i feel like im going deaf i can't hear the person on the other line [ what i do and it helps a bit, is attach the headset and it sounds a little louder, clearer, better IMO] However my speaker for ringtones, or alarm is actually REALLY loud compared to anything. I'm running the latest OFFICIAL T-Mobile OS.
    hmmm... maybe i should install new OS then....
    09-06-09 11:50 PM
    I've never had an issue with my ringtones being loud enough on any of my Blackberry's. Although I always made my own ring tones using Audacity.

It's free and you can load them onto your BB using Desktop Manager or MircoSD card.
    09-07-09 12:21 AM
    hmmm... maybe i should install new OS then....
    Definitely try it. It most likely will fix your problem, mine is on low and i can hear it from across my house (no joke).
    09-07-09 02:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD