I have T-mobile...and ever since i got the blackberry curve I noticed i dont get service in areas i use to with other phones from T-mobile...and i was curious if these antenna boosters actually work ... or are they just a waste of time
    07-12-09 01:33 PM
    Never used one.... I have wifi at home and at work... it's a great antenna boost since I get phone calls and data across the Wifi.
    07-12-09 01:39 PM
    No, those things are a waste of time and money.
    07-12-09 01:41 PM
    Thank you ...saved me from wasting time and money ...
    07-12-09 01:56 PM
    I've got a Wilson Booster and it works great. It's a little expensive, but I spend a lot of time in the bush out of service areas so it was well worth the money for me.
    07-12-09 02:04 PM
    Mine switches over to UMA when ever I lose the EDGE single which is great
    07-12-09 02:20 PM
    I have T-mobile...and ever since i got the blackberry curve I noticed i dont get service in areas i use to with other phones from T-mobile...and i was curious if these antenna boosters actually work ... or are they just a waste of time
    Complete waste of time and money. Testiment to the old adage that there's a fool born every second.

Instead of wasting your money, stand up on a box and set $5 on fire. Setting your money on fire won't help your signal either but standing on the large box might give you a clearer shot at a cell tower.

Buying one of those things or setting your money on fire is about equally useful in improving your cell signal.
    07-12-09 02:43 PM
    I think antenna booster and battery booster are sold by the same people. I think the dude sat next to me in a bar when he thought up the idea last year.
    07-12-09 02:45 PM
    I think antenna booster and battery booster are sold by the same people. I think the dude sat next to me in a bar when he thought up the idea last year.
    And they are all sold to the same people!!!
    07-12-09 02:49 PM
    And they are all sold to the same people!!!
    People who buy smoke shifters and bacon stretchers
    07-12-09 04:05 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an iden amp in my car its somewhat old and is the Iden frequeicies that existed prior to the "rebanding". It works great when my phone is on a frequency that the amp covers however when my phone migrates to a 900 Mhz. frequency not covered by the amp I am out of luck. I have spoken to Wilson and they state that they do not yet have an amp that covers the iden frequencies but will eventually have one. They do not seem to be in any great hurry probably as they do not expect a high demand. If everyone on here that was interested expressed that interest perhaps they might move faster. It worked when we all E. Mailed Dan Hesse about the 8350i when it first came out. So here is a technical contact at Wilson let the e mails go:

Darren Jensen
    Technical Support
    Toll Free: 1.866.294.1660
    Local: 435.673.5021 x130
    Djensen@wilsonelectronics.com
    Cell Phone Antennas and Cell Phone Boosters at Wilson Electronics

3301 East Deseret Dr.
    St. George, Utah 84790
    08-04-09 08:26 AM
    I don't believe the cell phone antenna boosters work at all!
    08-04-09 08:43 AM
    Those things don't work! Maybe try replacing your SIM card witha new one if its an old one your currently using, it worked for me!
    08-04-09 08:56 AM
    Yes... I am more concerned with why you are getting a weaker signal with your 8900... mine improved over most any phone I have had in the past
    08-04-09 09:05 AM
    I was skeptical at first, but I went ahead and got one for .99 at a local flea market.

It seems to help, maybe not a whole lot like most of you would expect, but my dBm sure did improve in the areas I was having bad reception.

I guess it just depends on your expectations...
    08-04-09 09:58 AM
    I was skeptical at first, but I went ahead and got one for .99 at a local flea market.

It seems to help, maybe not a whole lot like most of you would expect, but my dBm sure did improve in the areas I was having bad reception.

I guess it just depends on your expectations...
    LOL, congrats! You have been sold snake oil!!
    08-04-09 12:53 PM
    LOL, congrats! You have been sold snake oil!!
    Thank you I appreciate it!
    08-04-09 01:24 PM
    +1
    Any sort of 'booster' that you slap onto your phone without any additional power source is crap.

However, the Wi Ex boosters do work. At the very least it repeats the signal db level outside to indoors. At the very best it amplifies the signal. I have one and the outside db signal is not very high, ~88-90db. In my office my signal would bouce around -100db to -256db/no signal. Now it's a little better and stabilizes at ~-90db. I can't really take calls but the data connection works and my battery doesn't drain as fast.
    08-04-09 02:30 PM
    Tmo rep told me to do battery pull once a day to resend service books. Swap your sim card if it is old.

Worst case scenario...hold your phone A$$ end up. Someone said the antenna is on the bottom of the phone and a signal comes through better. It has worked for me inside of buildings.
    08-04-09 04:17 PM
    Kind of hard to talk with the phone upside down!!!!
    08-04-09 04:44 PM
    When the mrs is calling you in the grocery store and your behind is on the line upside down will do ya fine.

Yes it is nuts but I have noticed the difference. It will at l east pick up the signal so you can get through in a pinch.
    08-04-09 04:58 PM
    Worst case scenario...hold your phone A$$ end up. Someone said the antenna is on the bottom of the phone and a signal comes through better. It has worked for me inside of buildings.
    ....and rub a little of Newt's Finest Snake Oil on it before you turn it upside down. Rub a little on your a#* too, it never hurts
    08-04-09 05:06 PM
    Hahahaha.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 05:22 PM
    I have a problem with the signal on my phone as well. I gave my 8320 to my girlfriend & her signal is always full bars & stays on EDGE all the time , mines on the 8900 bounces between 1 to 3 bars at all times & only shows EDGE when I'm online. We live together so i would think we'd have the same amount of bars. I called t-mo. & they said it's my location even after I explained my situation with the 8320. I'm running on OS .250. I've been warned about those boosted things. Bad Biz!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD