Wow, did I ever screw up. I read on the CB boards to call in and have my PRL updated. Lady did so, I had to key in some new type of phone number in a msis field, saved it rebooted, Thursday evening phones worked fine. Today wifey calls (visiting nurse on the road with an 8330 too) burning MAD, phones go directly to VM never ring & everytime call out say unauthorized to make calls. So I call in this morning get mine straightened out (I thought I did) and wife stopped at work and called hers back in. Hour later, same deal back to american roaming network, no incoming calls.

Anyone had this?? Last time I went from front line phone answerer, to tech support, then to BB tech support. I am really frustrated now.

I think it may have started after I received some email from sprint " u are now registered on the network " came out once last night & once this morning after I called SPrint each time. I wonder if it reconfigured something after these emails came out.

Guess I will spend my start to Holiday weekend on the phone with Sprint AGAIN when I get home from work. Probably have to bust open my Sam ADams Sampler Pack to get me through this mess. I should've let it alone and never made the call last night.
    09-04-09 01:34 PM
    The only time I had to change a # in my phone was when I first added my curve to the account but wanted to keep the number I had on my pearl. CSR walked me through swapping the phone numbers and mmsid #.

I would call sprint back and have them walk you through the proccess again. I know on the bb if the PIN doesn't match the #'s in the carriers database EXACTLY, your bb is worthless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 02:04 PM
    I used to work for a cell company (can't say which) anytime ARN comes on when you try to place a call usually means that your msid and number were not put in right in the programming OR you did a PRL update while outside your normal calling area and your phonr is no longer getting the right towers and assumes you are "roaming". I would call your carrier back and try reprogramming your BB, if that doesn't work, take your bb into the store and have a rep or tech do it for you. Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD