Hey guys,

I bought the 8900 through T-mobile a few weeks ago. I did not sign up for a data plan at the time, even though I did plan on doing it on a later date. So I was reading around here and people are saying they can't access the RIM servers to get push email, or the default IM programs etc.

I also could not access them at first. But now for some reason I can, even away from wifi. The RIM servers sent me an email saying I was registered with the network and it works great. I can access all the programs also, however I never changed what I was doing.

Am I going to be charged for this? I came from Verizon so I'm not used to T-mobiles web site. Is there a way to check your current data usage?

Btw, I did the flexpay option with 29.99 minute plan, and 1000 messages. And it shows my bill due in mid April for the same amount I paid when I signed up (29.99 + 9.99 + taxes)
    03-31-09 05:13 PM
    OUCH, hurry call Tmobile and have them block the data until you're ready to pay for it.

The sooner you call them and have the check it out the less money youll ahve to dish out to them.
    Last edited by LifeOfVice; 03-31-09 at 05:26 PM.
    03-31-09 05:16 PM
    Oh man I hope I don't have to pay for it. Yesterday I used quite a bit of data. I will call them ASAP.
    03-31-09 05:21 PM
    Just play dumb and tell them you thought you where on wifi.

Tell you won't pay for a service you didn't authorize if being nice doesn't help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 05:28 PM
    You might want to confirm, I know tmo was running a promo not too long ago that gave you a month free BIS with activation/upgrade. I'm betting that's what it is. If I recall, you have to call to cancel. Sooooo if you're not ready to add it,and pay for it, I'd be sure to call!

03-31-09 05:41 PM
    I'm calling to confirm now.

I planned on adding data, I just wanted to wait to see if living without data and just wifi would be doable. But turns out that I really want back the IM capabilities and email that I was used to on Verizon.
    03-31-09 06:15 PM
    With tmobile you typically cannot access web without the feature. System is designed to keep you from having the charge you were worried about. IMs count as text messages, so be aware of that. Typically when you first start you get a message about the blackberry registration, but this doesn't mean much. I would call just to make sure they didn't get you the free month and will then be charged when the month was up. If that's the case and there's no record of you requesting it they will be sure to remove/crdit it

03-31-09 07:13 PM
    You should call TMo and check. It sounds like you should be getting charged for this...
    03-31-09 08:05 PM
    i had that same problem when i first got a blackberry pearl. i didnt have data plan, but previous owner did, and was still able to access the internet. i wasnt charged after all since i called tmo immediately
    03-31-09 08:12 PM
    Well, it looks like I was indeed getting free service. They said billing is synced with data somehow and that billing resets itself periodically so it wouldn't last for long.

But since I called in, as I feared, they simply solved the problem right there. So now I am not getting free data anymore. I guess I'll be paying for it like everyone else now.

Weird!
    04-01-09 12:11 PM
    better to ask then to get a per GB
    04-01-09 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD