tscharf: I'm about 99% of the way to going black. I already have a black battery door that I bought from Shop CrackBerry right after I got my 8900.

Other than the battery door and the bezel, is there anything else you changed?

I keep looking at your pictures and liking what I see. I was never all that crazy about the faux chrome.
    The main things are the bezel and battery door. I also changed that bottom rubberized piece to the plain black one (no myfaves logo). I wanted to install the G1 trackball because the ring around the ball is also black but when I got mine it had a weird white spot on the ball that didn't come off so I left it out. Also, the T-Mobile keyboard works better for the blacked-out look because it doesn't have the gray keys like the AT&T one.

Everything you need can be bought from cnn.cn
    08-24-09 07:49 PM
    The main things are the bezel and battery door. I also changed that bottom rubberized piece to the plain black one (no myfaves logo). I wanted to install the G1 trackball because the ring around the ball is also black but when I got mine it had a weird white spot on the ball that didn't come off so I left it out. Also, the T-Mobile keyboard works better for the blacked-out look because it doesn't have the gray keys like the AT&T one.

Everything you need can be bought from cnn.cn
    I agree about the AT&T keyboard. It's just not as sexy as the T-Mobile red keys.
    08-24-09 08:02 PM
    It's really simple to do, i took mine apart 2 time and back together in 15mins. There is a video at the top of this forum of a video on how to take it a part and put it back together.
    I have watched the video, but I will watch it again.

Parts are coming from hong kong, so I have a little bit of time to study.

"side note: I loved that avatar somebody had that said Zombie Eat Flesh"

Bug thing is cool. I had to do a double take.
    08-24-09 09:50 PM
    The AT&T keys will get dirty after a while because of the white color. It's harder to see the red get darker.
    Not true. I've now used my AT&T keyboard the same amount of time I used my T-Mo board and the keys do not get dirty any easier or less easy. If you're a dirty person then it won't matter what keyboard you use, they will get dirty.

But if you're going to make a comparison, base it on actual tests or something more concrete other than an assumption. I have used both under the exact same conditions and found no difference at all.

It simply comes down to preference. Nothing more, nothing less.
    08-25-09 12:05 AM
    I've now used my AT&T keyboard the same amount of time I used my T-Mo board and the keys do not get dirty any easier or less easy. If you're a dirty person then it won't matter what keyboard you use, they will get dirty.
    Keys are finished with some sort of enamel paint. It's hard to imagine how they could get dirtier by being one color as opposed to another. And if you don't use Windex or alcohol or some sort of mild cleaner to keep your Berry in shape ... well I don't want to see it or touch it. I can't imagine seeing an AT&T 8900 and thinking it was dirty because of the keyboard. Yuck.

Over time (and I'm talking YEARS) the white key paint might yellow or gray out of age but with the average life span of a Berry being 6 - 18 months, I don't think there's anything to worry about. And in the worst case scenario, if you plan to keep your 8900 until it is an antique, just buy an extra couple of keyboards to have on hand to swap out if your current keyboard gets aged.

Anyone who is into customizing a Berry isn't going to settle for carrying last year's model anyway and I can almost assure you that 3C's customized 8900 will be all but a memory not long after the next cool new Berry is released.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 12:48 PM
    Not true. I've now used my AT&T keyboard the same amount of time I used my T-Mo board and the keys do not get dirty any easier or less easy. If you're a dirty person then it won't matter what keyboard you use, they will get dirty.

But if you're going to make a comparison, base it on actual tests or something more concrete other than an assumption. I have used both under the exact same conditions and found no difference at all.

It simply comes down to preference. Nothing more, nothing less.
    How long have you used your blackberry for? Because I am not a dirty person, don't assume that and my Bold keyboard is yellowing out. unless you have information that the white paint on the 8900 is different than that of the Bold, I'm fairly certain white keys will change some sort of color.

Now, when I mean white, I mean bright paper white as in out of box. I've seen your keyboard and it is most definitely grayed out a bit.

*Note: I mean they will gray/yellow out at when you're in the dark w/ backlight on. Not when there is no backlight. The white color remains the same
    Last edited by lavinci; 08-25-09 at 01:14 PM.
    08-25-09 01:11 PM
    How long have you used your blackberry for? Because I am not a dirty person, don't assume that and my Bold keyboard is yellowing out. unless you have information that the white paint on the 8900 is different than that of the Bold, I'm fairly certain white keys will change some sort of color.

Now, when I mean white, I mean bright paper white as in out of box. I've seen your keyboard and it is most definitely grayed out a bit.
    No kidding. They keys on the AT&T keyboard are GREY! Not white.

I have been using my new AT&T keyboard for 2 months, and before that my T-Mo keyboard for 2 months. No change. Same.

I never said you were dirty. I said anyone who is will eventually have a dirty keyboard.

I don't know what you do or how you use your Berry, but MY keys (T-Mo and AT&T) have not discolored.
    08-25-09 01:16 PM
    Actually they are white. Your pics from my other thread show them as white.

Well, what I mean is they are bright white in the daylight, so that should mean they should be white at night. I remember when I had my 8900 fresh out of box, they were white.
    08-25-09 01:18 PM
    Actually they are white. Your pics from my other thread show them as white.

Well, what I mean is they are bright white in the daylight, so that should mean they should be white at night. I remember when I had my 8900 fresh out of box, they were white.
    The keys on the T-Mo keyboard are white. But let me reassure you that the keys on the AT&T keyboard are most definitely GREY.
    08-25-09 01:19 PM
    I have an AT&T 8900 and a T-Mobile keyboard in front of me. Debating the switch of keyboards.

I'll delete my post on the gray keyboard thing. I'll stand corrected as I do not have physical evidence. I don't want to make enemies here.
    08-25-09 01:21 PM
    Yawn.... damn this thread has a lot of conflict in it....
    08-25-09 01:21 PM
    08-25-09 01:25 PM
    I still like the T-MO kb better!!!!
    08-25-09 01:30 PM
    I like it better too but some asshat on ebay sent me a tmo keyboard and the right shift key has red paint on it. Makes me think if he was trying to paint it and messed up.

Is it me or is your space bar on the tmo one messed up a tad?
    08-25-09 01:31 PM
    I like it better too but some asshat on ebay sent me a tmo keyboard and the right shift key has red paint on it. Makes me think if he was trying to paint it and messed up.

Is it me or is your space bar on the tmo one messed up a tad?
    It was my test keyboard. It has a marker spot on it.
    08-25-09 01:32 PM
    So where you testing markers on your KB again???? geeeez!
    08-25-09 01:49 PM
    LOOKS NICE, i like it better than the silver chrome one.
    08-26-09 01:47 AM
    LOOKS NICE, i like it better than the silver chrome one.
    tscharf did a nice job. No doubt about it.

You should also check out 3C's reflective screen saver in this same thread. Very cool.
    08-26-09 03:41 AM
    tscharf did a nice job. No doubt about it.

You should also check out 3C's reflective screen saver in this same thread. Very cool.
    Thanks! I can't wait to order parts for my Tour. I'm trying to decide between the Titanium or black Bezel. I might just have to order them both.
    08-27-09 01:59 AM
    Thanks! I can't wait to order parts for my Tour. I'm trying to decide between the Titanium or black Bezel. I might just have to order them both.
    I am just really impressed with the all black effect. That's definitely my cup of tea.

I had my local cell phone guy order me an OEM black bezel today.
    08-27-09 02:17 AM
95 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD