Please Tell me you are ‬‪*‬ Joking. I know mine is Blacked out ClintRo's is blacked out and yours is. Those are the top three that I can account for and I know there is a countless number of others. And you can buy the parts to do it from www.cnn.cnn or www.fonelogix.com or what ever else site sells the parts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Get off your horse....He was responding with sarcasm to
    Oh my god how did you do this? I can't believe it. I've never seen a blacked out curve before. Wow.
    I guess no one, but her group of friends are allowed to post pics of their blacked out 8900's.

The group of 8900 elites are really taking over the 8900 forums. Maybe we should get a separate 8900 forum for you so that the "regular" 8900 users can post without being ridiculed
    Last edited by Nazarius; 08-23-09 at 03:49 PM.
    08-23-09 03:41 PM
    [QUOTE=Nazarius;3413248]Get off your horse....He was responding with sarcasm to
    Oh my god how did you do this? I can't believe it. I've never seen a blacked out curve before. Wow.

I guess no one, but her group of friends are allowed to post pics of their blacked out 8900's.

The group of 8900 elites are really taking over the 8900 forums. Maybe we should get a separate 8900 forum for you so that the "regular" 8900 users can post without being ridiculed
    LOL!!! Now who's on their "high horse"? If you are referring to the handful of us that offer the most help on this forum day in and day out as the "group of 8900 elites" then you are just being flat out ridiculous in thinking we are not "regular" users like everyone else. I hope you stick around as this is a great place but if you don't like it, then do yourself a favor and leave. I'm not going anywhere and I doubt the other "elite" members are either. Have a great day!
    08-23-09 03:52 PM
    Ordered my black out parts today. I know the elite will help if I have issues, but then again when people know what they **** they are doing (aristile, clintro, and others) are glad to help. Even though it gets to be a broken record around here when people think no one will help.

They help.
    08-23-09 04:14 PM
    Looks just like mine. Had mine for a month blacked out lmfao...

08-23-09 04:16 PM
    [QUOTE=aristile;3413307]

LOL!!! Now who's on their "high horse"? If you are referring to the handful of us that offer the most help on this forum day in and day out as the "group of 8900 elites" then you are just being flat out ridiculous in thinking we are not "regular" users like everyone else. I hope you stick around as this is a great place but if you don't like it, then do yourself a favor and leave. I'm not going anywhere and I doubt the other "elite" members are either. Have a great day!
    I didn't name any names, but you obviously think of yourself as an elite. I am talking about the people who ridicule people for posting in a public forum because they aren't the first to do something or they want to know something very simple.
    Lazerus is definitely one of them. 9 out of 10 of her posts are sarcastic dribble, but you usually post right after her laughing at how she just made fun of the poster. Now that is A1 help right there. You know what they say about the friends you keep..
    08-23-09 04:20 PM

Sorry but I cannot get off of my high horse, its so ‬‪*‬ tall that I cannot jump down in a safe manner. But any who it you look at the post you referred to I did way more good than damage by supplying the names of two places where people could buy the parts to black their phones accordingly. Now if he is allowed to post with sarcasm why am I not allowed to? Sounds kinda one sided to me. And as far as two different forums for the users, I don't really see the point in it . . . With the sarcasm or without the sarcasm we are here to help, that's what this forum is all about.

08-23-09 05:30 PM
    Let's keep it fun guys. I just posted the pics for the people that maybe haven't seen an 8900 blacked out. Let's face it, it looks cool and who's gonna complain about seeing some pics?

I ordered a G1 trackball for it too but it came with a white spot on it so I didn't install it so I guess it wasn't a true "blacked out" 8900.

08-23-09 05:35 PM
    Let's keep it fun guys. I just posted the pics for the people that maybe haven't seen an 8900 blacked out. Let's face it, it looks cool and who's gonna complain about seeing some pics?

I ordered a G1 trackball for it too but it came with a white spot on it so I didn't install it so I guess it wasn't a true "blacked out" 8900.

Dude, everything I have posted is in 100% humor, I am truely glad you got that.

08-23-09 05:37 PM
    Also, if anyone is looking to do this and needs some help or advice, I'd be more than happy to help.
    08-23-09 06:27 PM
    Just thought I'd post some pics I took of my 8900 before I sold it. Enjoy!
    Well first of all, great job.

Why RIM doesn't give people the choice whether they want different colors is beyond me. Personally, I prefer the all-black edition. I haven't swapped mine out yet because I keep thinking RIM will release the Driftwood next month and all the reports that claim the Driftwood won't be UMA compatible will be wrong.

But if I keep my 8900 for any longer period of time, I'm going all black. It just looks cooler.

Great job.
    08-23-09 07:56 PM
    I'm not going to side with anyone here but anyone who tries to make an honest effort at helping at odd times of day, even if the solution doesn't work, should deserve equal credit amongst all members, veterans or newbies.
    08-23-09 09:35 PM
    I'm not going to side with anyone here but anyone who tries to make an honest effort at helping at odd times of day, even if the solution doesn't work, should deserve equal credit amongst all members, veterans or newbies.
    Keep in mind, absolutely free and out of the kindness of my heart. </sappyness> LOL!!!
    08-23-09 09:44 PM
    I appreciate everything you do, aristile and to everyone else. I try to help the community with my random giveaways.
    08-23-09 09:45 PM
    I appreciate everything you do, aristile and to everyone else. I try to help the community with my random giveaways.
    You might not have the post count as some of these "posers" do, but you are awesome!!! At least in my book you are and I think many, many others would agree with me on that. Keep up the great work and just ignore the "haters" the best you can ... I try to do that myself and instead focus on those that I know appreciate what I do around here.

EDIT: Just to add, in case I wasn't clear, you are an excellent example of someone who shines well above their post count. You are clearly a great person and I think crackberry is much better off with you here. I, for one, appreciate you being here
    Last edited by aristile; 08-23-09 at 09:51 PM.
    08-23-09 09:48 PM
    I think I'm really focusing on what my next giveaway should be rather than posting haha.
    08-23-09 10:59 PM
    also I ordered all my pieces individually from ebay, I feel like I'm coming out cheaper than many of the buyers from cnn.cn! I don't know just my opinion. Also this thread is hilarious! I appreciate the elite many of their post got me out of a lot of jams here recently!

08-24-09 01:30 AM
    also I ordered all my pieces individually from ebay, I feel like I'm coming out cheaper than many of the buyers from cnn.cn! I don't know just my opinion. Also this thread is hilarious! I appreciate the elite many of their post got me out of a lot of jams here recently!

I did the same thing on ebay. I only have to wait 8 to 14 days to get my stuff from hong kong. By then I will get up the nerve to take my 8900 apart.
    08-24-09 02:22 AM
    What are all the pieces needed to black it out?

I'm still thinking about either buying a case or blacking it out...what do you think?
    08-24-09 02:31 AM
    I blacked mine out too. And then I blacked out the theme with Corporate Goth!

Corporate Goth Theme - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    08-24-09 07:47 AM
    Stupid choice 4 selling 1 of the best bb's out there!!! lol
    08-24-09 10:58 AM
    I did the same thing on ebay. I only have to wait 8 to 14 days to get my stuff from hong kong. By then I will get up the nerve to take my 8900 apart.
    It's really simple to do, i took mine apart 2 time and back together in 15mins. There is a video at the top of this forum of a video on how to take it a part and put it back together.
    08-24-09 11:08 AM
    C....a......n......n......o......t

t....u....r...n

h.....e.....a....d......

i must reply......

"hey whats up you having a good day?"
    Last edited by mjneid; 08-24-09 at 11:12 AM.
    08-24-09 11:10 AM
    The process is fairly easy. Once you remove the screws, the phone falls apart into sets
    08-24-09 11:34 AM

"hey whats up you having a good day?"
    LOL, yea I'm having a good day. I just cant' get this bug off of my screen!
    08-24-09 12:05 PM
    LOL, yea I'm having a good day. I just cant' get this bug off of my screen!
    You wouldn't believe how many PMs i got over that avatar..... it seems to be site favorite..... or a site annoyance (SP?).
    08-24-09 12:17 PM
95 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD