I am using my BB 8900 from more than a month. I have set 7.45AM alarm to go off every weekday. It worked fine till now.

But today, the alarm didn't go off. I was awake at 7.30 just lying on bed. I thought I would come out of bed when the alarm goes off (at 7.45) but alarm didn't go off. No tone, no display pop-up message nothing.

I havn't changed any settings on the phone. I checked to see if the alarm is set properly and tone is "on". Everything is as it should. I wonder what can be the problem?

I see other people around have the same problem. Is there any solution to this besides pulling off the battery? I want some permanent solution to this so it never happens again.
    08-10-09 10:48 AM
    You probably just need to do the battery pull and forget about what happened.
    08-10-09 10:49 AM
    Good way to double check if an alarm is set is by clicking on the Clock icon... your alarm will show on the clock... but it will not show you if you had prior alarms set... probably why I checked mine last might just to be sure I had set the alarm.
    08-10-09 12:00 PM
    I would set the alarm again and test it. I use my phone as my main alarm as well and that is very important. If it fails on me twice i would be furious and would probably need a different one or reload the os just to make sure it won't happen again.
    08-10-09 02:11 PM
    Umm mayb a stupid sugestion but you said it was only set for week days maybe check that your phone is set to the right date. Not sugesting your stupid but you could easily been mucking about and accidently changed the date.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 04:12 PM
    Umm mayb a stupid sugestion but you said it was only set for week days maybe check that your phone is set to the right date. Not sugesting your stupid but you could easily been mucking about and accidently changed the date.

Ha ha, The date is correct on the phone. And also the alarm time is correct. I checked settings also, it was set to go off correctly. I also checked the event activity log, there is no entry regarding my alarm of 7.45

I just added a test alarm to see if it works. It also displays alarm activity log that alarm was fired. And yes it works completely fine now. I think it just missed today's morning alarm. I hope it never fails on me again.
    08-10-09 04:34 PM
    Same thing happened to me last week. I have alarm set to 5:20, everyday though, not just weekdays and Thursday I got nothing. I chalked it up to a BB outage or something greater than the phone iteself.

Here's what I'm thinking: Most times I hit the snooze option after it goes off, but in doing so I use the trackball. The only other option when the alarm goes off is dismiss; which I know I've accidentally selected.

Here's what I'm curious about? When the alarm goes off, if you press the End or Back keys what will happen? Will it obey snooze settings or just turn off?
    08-10-09 07:36 PM
    I have to say I've never had that happen with any of my berries. They, including my current 8900, have all been very reliable. Heck, when I stopped using my 8800 for an 8310 I forgot the alarm was set on the 8800 and went off everyday for about a month and a half until the battery died lol.

08-10-09 08:29 PM
    Every once in a while, the alarm fails to ring on my 8830. All my settings are correct. A battery pull always fixes the problem, but naturally that's not the issue. How do you prevent this from happening in the future? I depend on the alarm to wake me up, and since it's intermittent, I never know if the feature will fail - until it doesn't ring, which renders it unreliable. The display does come on and "waits" for me to use the trackball to select Dismiss or Snooze. But does anyone know why this happens - and is there a permanent fix?

(I'm a novice, by the way)
    Thank you!
    08-14-09 11:19 AM
    Its probably won't after a battery pull or reload the os like they said... Stop making a big deal.

08-14-09 11:41 AM
    Gee - how silly of me to think this site is for making a big deal.
    09-04-09 11:02 AM
    You guys can wake up too ur !! Going off? I sleep too heavy too just have that... **** I have my bb, my clock and my cd player to go off 5 mins appart in case 1 or 2 fails

09-04-09 11:10 AM
    Gee - how silly of me to think this site is for making a big deal.
    2-3 weeks to respond to a thread... did your alarm forget to wake you up again???

You might consider looking at your device before you go to bed... check how much free file space you have... maybe you can figure out if it gets low, or looses more than a specific number you might want to do a battery pull before you go to bed to be sure it goes off correctly in the morning... just an idea.

By the way, mine has never failed to wake me up yet... worked like a charm for 8-9 months now.
    09-04-09 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD