I dont know whether or not to get rid of my 8900. Here's my story:

I got the phone for stocks and investment, which is not really going that well for me. I realized that I rushed into it and now isn't the time for it. I'm simply not ready for it. I'm stuck with a data plan and a phone that I really don't need. I renewed my contract in July so its too late to cancel without a fee.
    Should I:

-Keep the phone? It is like a media player, phone, pda and GPS all in one.
    -Sell it: I'm getting a replacement for it from T-mobile because the trackball messed up and its been auto-rebooting
    -Keep it but downgrade my data plan to an unlimited texting plan (this is kind of pointless because my family plan already has unlimited texting so I'd kind of be paying for a service that I'm "already" receiving)
    -Pay the 200 Cancelation fee for t-mobile with the money I could get for selling the phone.

Does anyone know of any alternatives for me? Thanks.
    08-17-09 06:06 PM
    Study up on the stock market and keep the phone
    08-17-09 06:28 PM
    Dump the data and use WiFi for some of that for free. I assume you need a phone for voice/txt so why pay to cancel when you still need a carrier. You need data for GPS to get the maps so it's useless.
    08-17-09 06:35 PM
    You might get clipped with an ETF if you drop the data plan before your agreement is up. If you got the phone with a contract price, then T-mobile expects you to keep the data plan for the length of that contract.
    08-17-09 06:38 PM
    Always keep the BB!!!
    08-17-09 06:51 PM
    I just went to T-mobile and they pretty much told me that my best bet is to say that I lost the phone and not to use it for two weeks. Then they'll stop charging me for the plan. But it'd be painful to use a non BB phone for 2 weeks. Thanks guys.
    08-17-09 07:05 PM
    WOW, that's very shady and unethical advice. I suggest that you do not go this route.
    08-17-09 07:07 PM
    You might get clipped with an ETF if you drop the data plan before your agreement is up. If you got the phone with a contract price, then T-mobile expects you to keep the data plan for the length of that contract.
    No they don't. You can drop the data plan anytime without penalty.
    08-17-09 07:19 PM
    WOW, that's very shady and unethical advice. I suggest that you do not go this route.

Exactly! They told you to do this at Tmobile?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 07:20 PM
    An employee =/
    I plan on just keeping the phone and the plan and learning my lesson from this entire experience. I think I'll be okay. I've already budgeted for the monthly expenses.

Now I just need to think of some fun ways to make use of my data plan =] I already have the GPS going!
    08-17-09 07:28 PM
    No they don't. You can drop the data plan anytime without penalty.
    Um ... no. They might not look for it, per se, but check the agreement you signed when you got a phone at a discounted price. They can definitely clip you if they want to. Maybe they are lax on their enforcement but that doesn't mean that it is not within their power to do so.
    08-17-09 07:58 PM
    An employee =/
    I plan on just keeping the phone and the plan and learning my lesson from this entire experience. I think I'll be okay. I've already budgeted for the monthly expenses.

Now I just need to think of some fun ways to make use of my data plan =] I already have the GPS going!
    Good Plan I say......
    08-18-09 12:24 AM
    Keep the phone
    08-18-09 03:07 PM
    if you are still considering selling it i am looking to buy one. And have a "dumb phone" to trade for it plus cash if you are interested
    08-18-09 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD