Hi fellow crackberry (ab)users
    All the way from Amsterdam

Yesterday I ordered a 16GB SandiskSDHC card.
    filled it with like 10Gigz of stuff..
    It took my baby more than 30mins. to read the entire card and (is this normal?)

Anywaysssss
    Got almost 1700 mp3's on it.. I put dem nice in subdirs on the 16gb card.
    but when opening the default mediaplayer on my bb it only shows 1 list with 1700 songs in a row.
    Or the option to choose musiqlibrary and then all nr's,artist,albums,genres etc

My question.. is there a way to view these files as they are on the card intself.
    In subdirs etc.

OR is there perhaps an 3th party software with a more advanced player ?

noobquestion? if so.. feel free to flame
    03-26-09 05:39 AM
    Welcome to the forum!

It's not a noob question and actually not quite that easy. You might use the "explore" feature of the media application (click on the blackberry key when in the BB media app and it will show you "explore"). With this thing you can see the directory and file structure on you card. Furthermore, you can play single MP3s by clicking on them. I believe you can not play all the songs in a given directory by this app.

Your second option is called BBFileScout. It is an app which is quite similar to the explore-feature of the media app, but with this tool you can create playlists from your directory structure and also play all songs from a given directory. Sounds like "the solution" to your problems, but there is one pitfall: It is quite slow. Whenever you click on your 1700-file directory, it will take easily more than a minute to just show you the contents of this directory. So working with it would be cumbersome in your case.
    03-26-09 06:40 AM
    Here's the link to the bbfilescout thread. I use it and its free! Give it a shot : )

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bbfilescout-copy-move-rename-un-zip-delete-files-directories-175654/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by b4k3d; 03-26-09 at 06:51 AM.
    03-26-09 06:48 AM
    I don't knoiw anythiing of a advanced mediaplayer being out for bb.

03-26-09 06:57 AM
    I don't knoiw anythiing of a advanced mediaplayer being out for bb.

Although I wish there was a better option :/

03-26-09 07:28 AM
    hmm ok ok
    just downloaded bbfilescout, it ok...for now..

thanks!
    03-26-09 08:14 AM
    check out the blog on the main page, some new media sync app looks to be easy and also looks free
    03-26-09 08:15 AM
    You can also enable Mass Storage Mode (Options > Memory). Once you do this when you plug your Blackberry into your computer you can read its memory card just like it was a flash drive.

On the Blackberry itself, I use the Explore option and it works great:
    Media > BB Button > Explore
    03-26-09 10:46 AM
    I downloaded my music to my SD card and plugged it into my BB. It found all of the songs within a few minutes an has organized them based on their directory (it seems). Many of my MP3s are tagged and it could be sorting them that way. Some bands appear twice because they have tagged and not tagged music.
    03-26-09 12:00 PM
    Welcome to the forum!

It's not a noob question and actually not quite that easy. You might use the "explore" feature of the media application (click on the blackberry key when in the BB media app and it will show you "explore"). With this thing you can see the directory and file structure on you card. Furthermore, you can play single MP3s by clicking on them. I believe you can not play all the songs in a given directory by this app.

Your second option is called BBFileScout. It is an app which is quite similar to the explore-feature of the media app, but with this tool you can create playlists from your directory structure and also play all songs from a given directory. Sounds like "the solution" to your problems, but there is one pitfall: It is quite slow. Whenever you click on your 1700-file directory, it will take easily more than a minute to just show you the contents of this directory. So working with it would be cumbersome in your case.
    There is a way to play all the mp3's in a given folder, simply use explore to navigate to the folder wanted, press menu again and select "play all" or "play folder" either one will play all of them. Good Luck!
    03-26-09 01:25 PM
    There is a way to play all the mp3's in a given folder, simply use explore to navigate to the folder wanted, press menu again and select "play all" or "play folder" either one will play all of them. Good Luck!
    Ooops, thanks for the hint!
    03-26-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD