I've just purchased my first BB, an 8310, and worked through what must be the worst documentation in the history of the industrial age. Here's my current frustration: I keep loading information into the address book but, when I open the application I'm greeted with "No Addresses". I know the information is stored because the data count appears but what good is the data if I can't access it. Any help will be appreciated.
    06-07-08 01:02 PM
    How ru loading the address'? and have you tried reseting the bb by pulling out the battery while the phone is on then putting it back in?
    06-07-08 01:24 PM
    I've just purchased my first BB, an 8310, and worked through what must be the worst documentation in the history of the industrial age. Here's my current frustration: I keep loading information into the address book but, when I open the application I'm greeted with "No Addresses". I know the information is stored because the data count appears but what good is the data if I can't access it. Any help will be appreciated.
    How are you receiving your emails, BIS or BES?

Sometimes by using the address book with the email client, it will load better. I have loaded addresses with the Blackberry itself and then used my email client and wound up with 2 sets of addresses.

Do you have additional emails on your Blackberry?

Do they have access to a address book that might sync with your Blackberry?

and Welcome to Crackberry

msblueline
    06-07-08 01:25 PM
    Open address book, hit menu key, select filter then uncheck all filters.
    06-07-08 01:27 PM
    Thanks to all who responded. Hazysky once again proved that Occum's Razor is true! A single click of Filters and there were all of my contacts
    06-07-08 01:41 PM
    Glad I was able to help

Welcome to CB!
    06-07-08 01:42 PM
    Me too! That same problem was driving me nuts and all the other explanations I was finding were WAY too complicated!
    Thank you very much I am a newbie
    It worked...yay!
    07-21-08 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD