Hi all,

I know this is nit-picky, but after i upgraded to 4.5 my address book looks all wacky. In between everyone's names is a line, which places each persons name in its own box, like this:

-----------------------
    tim
    ---------------------
    john
    --------------------
    bill
    --------------------
    another generic name
    -------------------------

except the ines are unbroken. does this make sense? and how can i put it back the way it was?

Thank you!

-t
    03-09-09 09:37 AM
    Contacts> Options> General Options>Views> Separators
    03-09-09 09:46 AM
    Another speedy response... I love this site!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 09:55 AM
    thank you, that worked...however, it's still not quite right. The lines are gone, but there is still a big gap between the names. It used to have the names all in a row, like in the menu.
    03-09-09 10:12 AM
    The newer OS's do put two lines in per entry. Perhaps a third party app can fix it for you.

Good Luck!
    03-09-09 11:46 AM
    aw man, really? it looks goofy. Is there a good reason I shouldn't fall back to the OS I had? actually, at this point, I don't even know what OS I had. Is this something people were actually clamoring for? Thanks a ton for the fast responses everyone, I truly appreciate it!

-t
    03-09-09 03:36 PM
    I have read many people who went from 4.2 to 4.5 and for this very reason have downgraded. They simply did not like the way the contact list looked. I did not like it either but I am now used to it and the benefits of 4.5 suit me well. You probably had OS 4.2.2

Try out 4.5 and see how you like the features and if you ever want to downgrade you can - all up to you.
    03-09-09 03:50 PM
    thank you, i guess I will give it a test drive. Last request: can someone point me to a place where i can find out the benefits of the new OS?
    03-09-09 04:19 PM
    • BlackBerry Maps with Points of Interest
    • Improved media player with playlist support and automatic playlist generation
    • Voice note recording
    • Video recording on Curve models
    • Streaming support for YouTube and Sling Player
    • Microsoft Office document editing with DocumentsToGo
    • Native format attachment downloading
    • HTML e-mails
    • Over-the-air device upgrades *** soon
    • Free/busy calendar lookup
    • Searching the server for old e-mail messages

Bug fixes.... Found this on Google since I figured you wanted the actual list. This might not be all but I am lazy
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-09-09 at 09:56 PM.
    03-09-09 07:30 PM
    thanks a ton - and point taken on google!
    03-09-09 09:51 PM
    thanks a ton - and point taken on google!
    Haha, no I was not dropping a subtle hint though not a bad idea sometimes. I figured you wanted most of the things associated with the newer OS since you are on the fence about keeping the upgraded OS. I knew many but not all so I googled it to give you the info......

Peace

Trem
    03-09-09 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD