So, went through and deleted some applications I don't use and then address book was gone.

I deleted:
    Google Talk
    Facebook
    and maybe 1 other, but no core apps

No backup.

Any ideas?
    05-23-10 09:36 AM
    Don't have ideas. But, just for the future, set up Google Sync (create a gmail address if you dno't haev one, just for this). It automatically backs up your address book over the air every 2 hours (or you can set to manual update).

This should be rule #1 on everybody's phone.
    05-23-10 11:56 AM
    Don't have ideas. But, just for the future, set up Google Sync (create a gmail address if you dno't haev one, just for this). It automatically backs up your address book over the air every 2 hours (or you can set to manual update).

This should be rule #1 on everybody's phone.
    Have gmail address, and yes this would have been helpful.
    05-23-10 12:53 PM
    Are you sure that it's not hidden or in a folder on the device?

Number one rule is to make a backup 1) routinely and 2) especially right before you perform any major operation on a device.
    05-23-10 12:55 PM
    Are you sure that it's not hidden or in a folder on the device?

Number one rule is to make a backup 1) routinely and 2) especially right before you perform any major operation on a device.
    Where/how would I go to look for it?
    05-23-10 02:07 PM
    On your Home Screen, press Menu and select Show All.

Then look for the icon. Look in ALL your folders including Documents to Go, Instant Messaging, Downloads, Applications, Games, etc.
    05-23-10 02:24 PM
    On your Home Screen, press Menu and select Show All.

Then look for the icon. Look in ALL your folders including Documents to Go, Instant Messaging, Downloads, Applications, Games, etc.
    Address Book is there, all my contacts are missing.
    05-23-10 02:34 PM
    Ok. That's not what you said in your OP.

Try this.

In the Address Book, press Menu and select Filter and UNCHECK all the boxes.

So, went through and deleted some applications I don't use and then address book was gone.
    05-23-10 03:03 PM
    Strange, both a friends storm 1 and my girlfriends storm 2 erased the contacts just the other day. no reason. not even deleting other things
    05-23-10 03:06 PM
    Ok. That's not what you said in your OP.

Try this.

In the Address Book, press Menu and select Filter and UNCHECK all the boxes.
    Sorry, will try and be more clear next time.

Everything is unchecked.
    05-23-10 03:17 PM
    If Facebook was accessing your Address Book, then deleting Facebook is likely what deleted your contacts. That problem has been reported previously. Unfortunately, if you don't have a backup, the info is lost.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD