Last night I was standing near a curb when a car pulled up and a gentleman opened his door into my leg/pocket with Blackberry inside. It was by no means bone-jarring and I had immediately forgot about it less than 10 seconds later although he apologized profusely. Blackberry worked fine the rest of the night.

So this morning I picked up my 8320 only to find the screen is dead. Pull out the battery, the screen works again. Whatever.

This is where the fun begins. When I click down on the trackball, nothing happens. When I'm not touching the trackball, it will 'select' at random times. Any time I strike a key on the top row of the keyboard, the phone dials out. Speaker is extremely "crackly" and best of all when I do need to make a call and I can hear the other party, if the phone is tilted in any direction, the mute key is pressed.

T-Mobile agreed to replace it as the phone is in perfect condition, but seriously, blackberry needs to get their **** in a group relatively soon or they will start losing their somewhat loyal consumers.

All in all, blackberry's are getting shoddier and shoddier. Thanks for listening to my rant!
    02-11-08 09:37 PM
    Hey, I just switched from Palm for the same complaint. i think it is general thing with all electronic manufacturers. That's how they are able to sell the Curve for $99.00!
    02-11-08 10:44 PM
    Well I wouldn't call it shoddy. Someone did hit it and he might have hit itjust right to mess it up. If you want to take it even further if you had an otterbox then we prolly wouldn't have the same result we have now but that is a stretch. Atleast it is covered under warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-08 07:23 AM
    I think everyone has had a bad experience with different devices or even BB's from time to time. I mean they are not all-proof devices after all.

I remember hating nokia for a bit with the n95 and how I had to change the lcd screen twice because of poor lcd-screen ribbon placement.

Things like this just happen from time to time.

I've had my curve for a while and it's working perfectly so far, and I even dropped it a couple of times.

02-12-08 01:31 PM
    and with the curve taking the full impact and you not feeling too much from the impact... im sure that curve is spent. it probably took a little too much of an impact.
    02-12-08 02:49 PM
    and with the curve taking the full impact and you not feeling too much from the impact... im sure that curve is spent. it probably took a little too much of an impact.
    True, so we should think of the curve as a life saving device!
    02-12-08 03:59 PM
    Lol.. too bad it doesnt float!
    02-12-08 05:06 PM
    He might have hit it on the wrong spot, just right to break it.

Apparently there's a part of a man's head that if you shoot it, his brain will explode. (Source: Hot Fuzz (not too reliable I know))

02-12-08 05:48 PM
    if you punch someone in the back of the head they kind of reset... its stuns then for a sec. kind of like hitting reset on the old school nintendo.
    02-12-08 05:50 PM
    i think the build quality of the curve is better than the pearl. and the curve doesn't have the trackball and keys sticking/not responding issues
    02-13-08 12:34 PM
    Let me get this straight... You are blaming RIM for shoddy workmanship, when your BB sustained the shock of a 100 pound car door?

Get real, mister. If anything needs 'fixing', it's whiners like yourself that clog our courts with 'shoddy' complaints.
    02-13-08 01:05 PM
    You guys are too funny!
    02-13-08 01:31 PM
    Let me get this straight... You are blaming RIM for shoddy workmanship, when your BB sustained the shock of a 100 pound car door? Get real, mister.
    You took the words right out of my mouth.
    02-13-08 02:28 PM
    i think the build quality of the curve is better than the pearl. and the curve doesn't have the trackball and keys sticking/not responding issues
    Had my Curve 8310 just over a week and the trackball is sticking downwards. Have to press and drag hard to release. Will give it a few days and if it doesn't clear it goes back.
    04-03-08 08:56 AM
    Had my Curve 8310 just over a week and the trackball is sticking downwards. Have to press and drag hard to release. Will give it a few days and if it doesn't clear it goes back.

you have drit in you ball this should help

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/

i take my ball out once a month
    04-03-08 09:12 AM
    i take my ball out once a month

me too
    hehehe
    04-03-08 09:27 AM
    Instead of blasting RIM you should be putting a Jihad out on that car door guy.
    04-03-08 09:54 AM
    Doesn't sound like this incident is RIM's fault.
    04-03-08 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD