Obviously I have a Curve, but I'm having a slight technical issue....

It seems that I cannot roll my trackball up.... at all.... any ways to fix this?
    09-15-08 04:01 PM
    Battery pull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 04:06 PM
    I would pop the silver ring off and take the track ball out and see what is inside(dust, dirt, ect...) But this has also happened to me a couple of times and all it took for me was just rolling it down and up for a few minutes and that did the trick. Good luck!

09-15-08 04:06 PM
    A battery wouldn't fix that as it is a hardware problem.

09-15-08 04:08 PM
    aah yes, it has nothing to do with the phone itself, the trackball literally won't roll up, and to clarify, I'm a little jumpy about popping off that silver ring, mainly because I'm.... a teen and a little jumpy about my stuff...(meaning I don't want to break it XD)
    09-15-08 04:09 PM
    Mine wouldn't go left or down, pulled battery and works fine.

09-15-08 04:09 PM
    use some canned air or just blow hard around it, it's usually a bit of lint or grit stuck that's doing it. I had the same problem and that fixed it for me.
    09-15-08 04:10 PM
    I'm a teen too, and if I can do it, you can too. try the thing I mentioned last and if that doesn't work, post back here and I'll try to get you the links to explain how to do it in more detail.

09-15-08 04:11 PM
    Hahah ok thanks guys, I think ill just pop out the plate.... praying to God I don't break the dang thing lol.
    09-15-08 04:12 PM
    Be careful and make sure you read up on it before you do it. Let me find those links. Hold on.

09-15-08 04:14 PM
    Here you go: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/ good luck. Post back here if you need any more help.

09-15-08 04:17 PM
    Huzzah!! It's fixed, although I broke a little..... thingy off of the silver ring, lol, but the ring went right back on and the ball works just fine!

Thanks everyone for their help, and the thing interfering with the trackball was a hair lol.
    09-15-08 04:20 PM
    Oh, did you chip some paint of it? I did that too. Oh well, at least you can use your bb again.

09-15-08 04:23 PM
    Actually no, I broke a small prong off, but it's all good, thanks cooper
    09-15-08 04:25 PM
    Oh. Even worse. Glad I could help.

09-15-08 04:54 PM
    I almost broke my prongs too. Gotta be careful! Don't force the ring back on! Oh well. You can buy new rings with the prongs in tact.
    09-15-08 05:38 PM
    You can get a new ring at BBEnriched:
    BBEnriched, Enriching your Blackberry
    09-15-08 05:51 PM
    I am way NOT a teenager any more but I, too, am a little hesitant about changing out screens, cleaning the trackball, downloading a beta OS, etc. Maybe the frequent trackball issues is because of where these units are being carried (i.e. the pocket) and they aren't all that healthy for them. These little micro devices are a little more difficult than the ham radios I broke in on a couple of years ago. OK - I CAN do it but I just don't want to imagine doing it. I may try to find a good CB addict here in the area & entrust my precious Curve to them.
    09-15-08 06:26 PM
    Chief7, what's your call sign? Mine = ACBA
    09-16-08 06:49 AM
    I broke one of the prongs off the ring first time I did this... not a problem, it just makes it slightly easier to get off next time
    Last edited by eddvrs; 09-16-08 at 07:40 AM. Reason: bad spilling ;)
    09-16-08 07:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD