What are the main/major differences between the BB 9000 and the BB 8900?

Are they just aimed at different markets or are there substantial differences
    or what?

I tried reading thru some of the specs but I'm not getting differences or
    advantages one has over the other.

Any clarification would be appreciated.

I am interested in getting one for Heather.

Allen
    11-28-08 12:45 PM
    What are the main/major differences between the BB 9000 and the BB 8900?

Are they just aimed at different markets or are there substantial differences
    or what?

I tried reading thru some of the specs but I'm not getting differences or
    advantages one has over the other.

Any clarification would be appreciated.

I am interested in getting one for Heather.

Allen
    yes they are aimed at different markets, with the 9000 being more for corporate users. The 9000 has a faster processor and supports HSPA(3G). While the 8900 has twice the memory for applications, a better screen resolution, better camera, better form factor(IMHO), and runs on a higher OS build. Both are great devices, but if you can live without 3G, the Curve 8900 is for you.
    11-28-08 12:51 PM
    sothe 8900 will be coming to tmobile usa? i have an unlocked bold and i have no access to the 3g anyways. which should i go for?
    11-28-08 01:13 PM
    yes they are aimed at different markets, with the 9000 being more for corporate users. The 9000 has a faster processor and supports HSPA(3G). While the 8900 has twice the memory for applications, a better screen resolution, better camera, better form factor(IMHO), and runs on a higher OS build. Both are great devices, but if you can live without 3G, the Curve 8900 is for you.
    OOh I didnt know it had a higher OS, I been waiting for this phone and now its even closer. Yes tmobile help us got, Att got the Bold, Verizon got the Storm, so we need the Jav!!!

LONG LIVE BB
    11-28-08 01:24 PM
    sothe 8900 will be coming to tmobile usa? i have an unlocked bold and i have no access to the 3g anyways. which should i go for?
    Yes the 8900 is coming to T-Mobile. I believe it will be the first part of '09. Both are great devices. IMHO, the only thing the Bold has over the 8900 is net speed because of 3G. Otherwise I'd go with the 8900. Which is must faster than previous gen Curves.
    11-28-08 01:24 PM
    Yes the 8900 is coming to T-Mobile. I believe it will be the first part of '09. Both are great devices. IMHO, the only thing the Bold has over the 8900 is net speed because of 3G. Otherwise I'd go with the 8900. Which is must faster than previous gen Curves.
    Yep, i feel the same way. 3g is not something im flipping out over like everyone else. Plus im with tmobile on a fresh contract, and although they are working on 3g nationwide, i seriously doubt its going to get to a small northern kentucky town anytime soon. So uma is perfect for me, cant wait for the 8900.

BTW, Crucial....check your pms man
    11-28-08 07:23 PM
    CX, do you have any idea when the 8900 is supposed to be out for att?
    11-28-08 08:29 PM
    Well, mapimages does. AT&T aiming for a December release. Pretty good considering the Roger's soft launch. But Roger's is insane, $500 for a 2 year contract?!?! The Bold doesn't even cost that much!!!
    11-28-08 10:00 PM
    everywhere i've seen it says nobody stateside is getting it till Q1

i would like to see it sooner on any carrier

just so i could go get a hands on experience with the phone
    11-28-08 10:34 PM
    I doubt the 8900 will come to ATT if it isnt packin 3G. ATT's CIO stated last summer it would not launch any non-3G smartphones after the summer of 08. They better stuff the 3G in there! Besides, T-Mobile does have a 3G "network."
    12-02-08 06:33 PM
    I just read some of the specs on the 8900 and it has UMA, which is pretty much a T-Mobile thing right now. Since ATT doesnt utilize UMA, I can only assume the ATT version, if and when it comes, will drop the UMA, and maybe WiFi altogether, in exchange for HSDPA.
    12-02-08 06:41 PM
    Since you have the bold, just stick with that one since its sleeker looking and has a faster processor. But have you checked this out puremobile.com ? They have the G1 and if your looking for 3G speeds then that phone will work with T-mobile USA.
    12-09-08 02:36 PM
    Will AT&T get the new Curve 8900 as well? I'd like to get it for my GF. She has a Curve 8310 right now.

Thank you.
    12-09-08 10:28 PM
    Will AT&T get the new Curve 8900 as well? I'd like to get it for my GF. She has a Curve 8310 right now.

Thank you.
    yep

at&t is trying to push it out this month

from what other forum posters are saying

i hope they do
    12-10-08 12:36 AM
    Today I just ordered the BB 8900 from rogers. So that was my choice, however both phones have their pluses and minus. I'm sure if you asked the question on the Bold forum, you would get different recommendations.

The most significant differences to the recently released and related Blackberry Bold is the Javelin is smaller and has a better camera, but lacks the faster 3G support of the Bold. Other less significant differences compared to the Bold are smaller but higher resolution Javelin screen, different USB port (mini vs. micro), Javelin's smaller keyboard, Javelin's supposedly improved "Atomic" trackball, Javelin's less impressive speaker performance, Javelin's more internal memory, Javelin's slightly slower processor, and a speculated lower price for the Javelin.
    12-10-08 02:37 AM
    Why did RIM go with the micro USB port for the 8900? If I get the 8900, then I will have to get new chargers for the car and work.
    12-10-08 03:55 AM
    I doubt the 8900 will come to ATT if it isnt packin 3G. ATT's CIO stated last summer it would not launch any non-3G smartphones after the summer of 08. They better stuff the 3G in there! Besides, T-Mobile does have a 3G "network."
    What are you talking about?! It's already been pretty much confirmed that AT&T IS getting the 8900. BGR already reviewed an AT&T branded 8900.

And yeah, t-mo has a "3G network" just not a very extensive one yet, so people kind of leave 3G out of the equation when evaluating tmobile phones as it's not really readily available, as of now anyways.

AT&T sells the curve like crazy, and that doesn't have 3G.

Why you ask?

Because it's a cheaper alternative to the Bold, and people who just want a full keyboard to text on, it'll be perfect.

Honestly - I can't tell you how many people I know that have curves and don't even know what EDGE and 3G are, let alone the differences. AT&T is aware of that. The 8900 will probably have a lower price point, and people who want a nice phone with a full keyboard will pick it up, which is why the curve was so successful. It's a nice phone, and a nice keyboard, but cheaper than the 88xx series.
    12-10-08 10:46 AM
    What are you talking about?!

Honestly - I can't tell you how many people I know that have curves and don't even know what EDGE and 3G are, let alone the differences. AT&T is aware of that. The 8900 will probably have a lower price point, and people who want a nice phone with a full keyboard will pick it up, which is why the curve was so successful. It's a nice phone, and a nice keyboard, but cheaper than the 88xx series.
    Thats a good point.
    12-10-08 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD