I swore by my bb. yet here I am, posting from my new tmo mytouch3G (aka vodafones HTC magic). I have to say I'm impressed. It processes slower, probably the lack of 3G here, but I'm really enjoying it. EVERY WEBSITE WORKS!!!! I'd like to hear from anyone else who gets one or at least tries one..
    07-28-09 01:35 AM
    My girlfriend has the 8900 like me but she wants the mytouch... Do you like it is it worth it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 02:00 AM
    Idk the mytouch is uglyish

07-28-09 01:06 PM
    I really like Android, but the first-gen hardware is pretty lame. I'd take the HTC Hero or Samsung Galaxy over the myTouch.
    07-28-09 03:36 PM
    here's what i've learned this may apply to you and others and it may not. i've used the G1, Iphone and Behold all touch screen phone along with a bunch of other stylus screen phone. All fun to use but to be honest all i did with those phones was 1. Add Music 2. Play Games 3. Watch videos....

My job i'm a web developer emails, getting onlines, managing server connections, talking to clients and programmers are top on my list of what i do at the computer all day. it wasn't until I purchased the Blackberry 8900, that i notice how much time I wasted on all those other phones. On my BB the first thing I did was add my email accounts, contacts, download apps to manage business, upload files to mem card for sending to clients. It took me about 2wks before I added anything "useless" which was pac-man.

So here's how I see it the BB is a true business phone first and "can" entertain you if needed. MyTouch, G1, Iphone, etc... all entertainment "toys" if you want to waste time playing games, watching videos and listening to music then a non-bb & storm phone is perfect. Yes, i'm not a fan of the storm, if you want an iphone just buy one =/ Storm lovers will beg to differ but its just a BB trying to be an entertainment device like the Iphone. Read any BB Storm forum, most of the post are about where can i get this game, or video or music.

my opinion and if I wasn't in a tech/business field i'd probably own an iphone or other device wasting time while at work... but i work for myself and dont have time to play with a phone.
    07-28-09 04:20 PM
    I agree with you 100%

BB is a true business workhorse, I like the other phones mentioned but only for the entertainment...that said I wouldn't trade my 8900 for any of the other phones
    07-28-09 04:54 PM
    One of the OP's attractions to the myTouch is its browser. Would you keep the 8900 if it had a WebKit-based browser? This is clearly a major flaw in all BlackBerry phones -- the browser is wretched. Bolt and Opera Mini are better, but still not in the same league as the WebKit browsers found on various iPhone, Android, and Nokia models.
    07-28-09 07:52 PM
    Honestly, I like my 8900 a lot. However, I too have been looking at the mytouch because it is fun. Does the mytouch have good apps for organizing\scheduling? I am a college student so security is not that big of a deal, and I would like a phone that had more fun features, yet still allowed me to input due dates, receive push email, etc.
    07-28-09 08:40 PM
    so as of this week, I will have both.

I love my 8900- work related anything it is perfect, and for every day convenience and ease of daily life.

but I want/need something for the cool and fun stuff, which the 8900 is not meant for anyway, so.. no big deal.

I've been paying $19.99 or whatever for the total internet on a GPRS/EDGE laptop card, and I rarely use it- five or six times a year at best. would rather spend $5 more a month and have the G-web-package..

and explore Android. I've wanted a reason to do that too. haven't used and Android device yet, or a full touch screen device! whatever the Magic doesn't do, my 8900 can.. and vice versa.
    07-28-09 09:16 PM
    never heard of mytouch 3g *searches the internet*
    07-28-09 09:19 PM
    nevermind i need a keyboard in my life
    07-28-09 09:20 PM
    never heard of mytouch 3g *searches the internet*
    It's HTC's second Android phone -- most of the same internals as the G1, sans keyboard. It's also known as the HTC Magic. I believe it's going to be called the G2 in England.
    07-28-09 09:23 PM
    The mytouch looks cool. I'd love to give it a test drive but I can't live without a keyboard so the 8900 will be staying.

07-28-09 09:31 PM
    I had the G1. Wife and son still have theirs. myTouch is a nice improvement over the G1 but I prefer my 8900.
    07-28-09 09:47 PM
    I had the G1. Wife and son still have theirs. myTouch is a nice improvement over the G1 but I prefer my 8900.
    Why would you say it's a "nice improvement over the G1"? The improvements are pretty minimal.
    07-28-09 10:14 PM
    I swore by my bb. yet here I am, posting from my new tmo mytouch3G (aka vodafones HTC magic). I have to say I'm impressed. It processes slower, probably the lack of 3G here, but I'm really enjoying it. EVERY WEBSITE WORKS!!!! I'd like to hear from anyone else who gets one or at least tries one..

I kinda want one too...do they have it at tmobile stores yet? i wanna try out the keyboard.
    08-01-09 12:45 PM
    I went from the blackberry 8900 to the mytouch 3g. I came back to the curve after 3 days. Mytouch had a lot of applications that are cheaper or free, but if you text or email a lot for business than Blackberry is the way to go. Texting on the touchscreen is hard and the emailing sucks on the mytouch. Doesn't have push email and if you don't use the gmail account your attachments don't come through and open correctly. Mytouch doesn't sync with microsoft outlook. The mytouch had a great web browser and great games, but wasn't for me.
    08-10-09 10:55 PM
    The mytouch was design for kids. If you want a true smartphone to take a brake from BB or try something different, go for a window mobile pro smartphone like the HTC touchpro 2, or the Omnia HD, nokiea 97, etc. Mytouch, behold, sidekicks, iphone; are for kids and folks that like to waste time doing nothing.
    08-11-09 09:31 AM
    Why would you say it's a "nice improvement over the G1"? The improvements are pretty minimal.

The overall feel of the phone is improved. Not as thick or heavy. Feels more polished. When I had it for a few days, my wife and son liked it better than their G1s but they are stuck on the physical keyboard.

The myTouch seemed to moved a little quicker. Overall, not enough difference for my wife and son to make the switch.

The only thing i really missed about my G1 was web surfing. The bigger display and 3G were nice.
    08-11-09 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD