anyone know where i can find a speedtest for the curve 8900 (AT&T version) vs. Bold? i know the 8900 is on edge and bold has the 3g so i am wondering if anyone has done a real speed test yet? I would love to pick up an 8900 because of the RAM and not around wifi often so im wondering what the true difference is not just perception. thanks guys.
    08-05-09 10:08 PM
    http://www.getmyblackberry.com/2009/02/23/3g-blackberry-bold-vs-edge-blackberry-curve-8900-speed-test/

Best one out there
    I would tell you which one wins but i want to leave that for you to find out.
    08-05-09 10:11 PM
    getmyblackberry.com/2009/02/23/3g-blackberry-bold-vs-edge-blackberry-curve-8900-speed-test/

Best one out there
    I would tell you which one wins but i want to leave that for you to find out.
    thanks dude ive been searching this forum and youtube like crazy and no one has done a comparison that i could find

just watched def an interesting speedtest one of the better i ahve seen i will keep searching to see a web browser comparison edge vs. 3g
    Last edited by ReaperZ1013; 08-05-09 at 10:19 PM.
    08-05-09 10:15 PM
    Well you won't really notice the difference between EDGE or 3G in the browser. Other factors such as the rendering speed of the browser may affect results. But you'll notice EDGE vs. 3G in tethering and streaming media. I can't use the HQ setting in Pandora over EDGE because I'm buffering every 20 seconds. EDGE is approximately 150 kbps where HSDPA which is what the Bold uses is ~1 Mbps. It's noticeable when tethering but it really isn't when you're doing things on the device except for a few instances such as streaming media.
    08-05-09 10:30 PM
    I'm going to back godzilla up on this one and say that you need at ask your self if you will tether the device to a computer or not. If you will tether then I will strongly suggest that you consider the Bold over the 8900 because you will notice the difference much more when you tether. The reason for this is because the device hardware effects the browsing significantly more than the hardware of a computer does. If you will not tether then I will suggest that you just try each device and pick the one that best suits you personally.
    08-05-09 10:45 PM
    I'm going to back godzilla up on this one and say that you need at ask your self if you will tether the device to a computer or not. If you will tether then I will strongly suggest that you consider the Bold over the 8900 because you will notice the difference much more when you tether. The reason for this is because the device hardware effects the browsing significantly more than the hardware of a computer does. If you will not tether then I will suggest that you just try each device and pick the one that best suits you personally.
    thanks guys yea i will not be tethering at all. i love my bold's keyboard but the 256mb of the curve is just sooo tempting!!!
    08-06-09 01:00 AM
    I've used 8900's and 9000's on bot Rogers & AT&T and using either network the 9000 is faster in all things done on the device, including browsing. Yes I know the 8900 is speedy for what it is, but it is simply not faster than the 9000.
    08-06-09 03:40 AM
    I've used 8900's and 9000's on bot Rogers & AT&T and using either network the 9000 is faster in all things done on the device, including browsing. Yes I know the 8900 is speedy for what it is, but it is simply not faster than the 9000.
    I tested them both side by side yesterday.....and because of the rendering speed of the built in browser, they averaged the same speed. It was ridiculously slower than my iPhone. I'd prefer to use Opera Mini when I finally am able to pick up a Bold 9700.
    08-18-09 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD