I tried to search and didn't find anything for this device, if I missed something please lead me in the right direction.

When I try to record videos (MMS mode or Normal mode) there is about a 10-15 second lag, from when I press the trackball for it to start recording, until it actually starts recording, is this normal? Any ideas would be much appriciated, thanks.
    08-20-09 03:58 PM
    I get this too...
    08-20-09 05:10 PM
    Which OS are you guys running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 06:21 PM
    I'm running .250
    08-20-09 08:20 PM
    Weird mine is instantaneous... And I am also running .250

08-20-09 09:17 PM
    Wow I wish I knew how to fix it, Ive done battery pulls (not for this reason). I bought my blackberry from eBay brand new about a week ago, tmobile branded, upgraded it to .231 same day
    08-20-09 11:45 PM
    Mine is .231 also but I haven't tried taking any videos yet.
    08-21-09 07:18 AM
    Yup, the video camera is far from good, but it makes a **** of a good flashlight

08-21-09 08:29 AM
    Could it be that you have too many apps running in the background. Also take note if there is a lot of data being transmitted or received while using the video camera, could be an app that is updating data in the background.
    08-21-09 08:53 AM
    Yep, gotta be something else running in the background. Mine starts instantly...
    08-21-09 11:22 AM
    Well I keep open Facebook, AIM, MSN, Yahoo, UberTwitter, WeatherBug, but when I look at them I go to Menu then Close, which is the correct thing to do right?

I also uninstalled some apps I downloaded and didn't want, and also some apps that came on the phone that I don't use, still no luck

Any suggestions?
    08-21-09 12:48 PM
    Well I keep open Face book, AIM, MAN, Yahoo, Atwitter, Weather Bug, but when I look at them I go to Menu then Close, which is the correct thing to do right?

I also uninstall ed some apps I downloaded and didn't want, and also some apps that came on the phone that I don't use, still no luck

Any suggestions?
    Sounds like you closed them the right way. did you try a battery pull after you closed them? do you see a lot of data being transmitted frequently, indicated by the small up and down arrows. weather bug can update frequently in the background, i set it not to automatically update. Other apps you have installed could be doing the same thing in the background.
    08-21-09 01:03 PM
    Sorry to bring back this post from a few days ago, but I just wanted to let the other people who were having problems know how to fix this issue

What I did was reformat my memory card through the 8900, menu, options, memory, then menu and format I believe, after that the video recording works great and the camera and recorder itself run alot quicker, thanks guys!
    08-24-09 02:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD