anyone have any luck using an 8900 on AT&T?
    care to share any details if possible such as what works and what doesn't...
    08-24-09 07:25 PM
    LOL, everything works. AT&T sells the device.
    08-24-09 07:27 PM
    EDGE works, but pretty slow.otherwise good match, awesome device.
    08-24-09 07:29 PM
    i have the 8900 with T-mobile but how can u make it work with A.T&T?
    08-24-09 07:33 PM
    well reason i asked was because i have a tmobile 8900 that i plan on unlocking and using it on AT&T. i was wondering how people who have unlocked had any issues. Should have added this in my first post.

On a side note any recommendations on a place to unlock the 8900 ?
    08-24-09 07:34 PM
    well reason i asked was because i have a tmobile 8900 that i plan on unlocking and using it on AT&T. i was wondering how people who have unlocked had any issues. Should have added this in my first post.

On a side note any recommendations on a place to unlock the 8900 ?
    Yes, that will work just fine as well. If you were going the opposite way, to T-mobile with an AT&T device then you would have issues with UMA not working. However, since AT&T does not offer UMA, you will be just fine.

I suggest that people use: HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center �
    08-24-09 07:36 PM
    @Aristile-just as aside what happened to your Dharma Initiative logo that was in your avatar?
    Doc
    08-24-09 07:45 PM
    @Aristile-just as aside what happened to your Dharma Initiative logo that was in your avatar?
    Doc
    LOL!! I am going to have to bring it back by popular demand. You are not the only person asking about it. I still have that Avatar for sure, I just saw this actual warning on a tote I purchased from Walmart the other day and I had to use it for a bit. The text says "Warning: Suffocation Risk". So I learned you are not supposed to put babies in totes!
    08-24-09 07:51 PM
    LOL!! I am going to have to bring it back by popular demand. You are not the only person asking about it. I still have that Avatar for sure, I just saw this actual warning on a tote I purchased from Walmart the other day and I had to use it for a bit. The text says "Warning: Suffocation Risk". So I learned you are not supposed to put babies in totes!
    Unbelievable-even if someone cannot read hard to believe someone would throw their infant in a tote! So you are doing this as a public service!
    08-24-09 07:57 PM
    Unbelievable-even if someone cannot read hard to believe someone would throw their infant in a tote! So you are doing this as a public service!
    Yea, a shout-out to all my infant hommies!!!
    08-24-09 08:01 PM
    Yes, that will work just fine as well. If you were going the opposite way, to T-mobile with an AT&T device then you would have issues with UMA not working. However, since AT&T does not offer UMA, you will be just fine.

I suggest that people use: HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center �
    I'm going to have to block you aristile. I suggest UnlockABC.com

Order during the day and you get your code within 30 minutes. Highly recommended. If something goes wrong, I'll refund you the price of the code. That's how much I'm sure it will work.
    08-24-09 10:51 PM
    I am planning on using the site you provided. Unlockabc.com - thing is i'm not entirely sure on what carrier this 8900 is on. It says tmobile under network but has no Tmobile branding on the phone. Could it be Tmobile outside of usa ? what do you suggest ?
    Thanks
    08-24-09 11:10 PM
    Just as a note:

My 8900 is a T-Mobile unlocked being used on AT&T. No issues at all. What-so-ever (except AT&T's customer service lady isn't all that bright and was very confused when I asked to have the BlackBerry Personal Services Dataplan added to my account, when according to the computer, the phone I was using wasn't a BlackBerry >.<).

My only sadface to the whole thing, was that AT&T pushed a wholllllle ton of links to stuff they want you to buy from them to my phone over the course of the next couple of days. Seriously, I have a hidden folder (Named ATTGarbage) with like, 20 icons in it.

And BlackBerry maps goes away too - but I use GoogleMaps anyways (You wouldn't have BlackBerry maps if you bought it straight from AT&T).
    08-25-09 07:43 AM
    I am planning on using the site you provided. Unlockabc.com - thing is i'm not entirely sure on what carrier this 8900 is on. It says tmobile under network but has no Tmobile branding on the phone. Could it be Tmobile outside of usa ? what do you suggest ?
    Thanks
    Does it have the T-Mobile splash screen when it's booting up??? This can not be changed even if other external parts are changed to remove external labels... at least I don't think it's very easy to do that.
    08-25-09 08:00 AM
    No Tmobile splash screens. It has a vender ID - 214 amx.
    I been researching trying to figure out who that is.
    08-25-09 10:02 AM
    Unlockabc does telcel unlocks but it costs 19.99 for them. They still have the code ready usually in less than an hour.
    08-25-09 11:23 AM
    They were unable to unlock the phone. From my research, seems that vendor id - 214 amx isn't widely known. If anyone has dealt with unlocking this phone and vendor please lend a hand! thanks.
    08-29-09 01:27 AM
    Where did you get the phone from? It may have come from outside of the US but there are only a select number of carriers with it. Also there is no NA unlocked version so you can right that off also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 05:45 AM
    I'm going to have to block you aristile. I suggest UnlockABC.com

Order during the day and you get your code within 30 minutes. Highly recommended. If something goes wrong, I'll refund you the price of the code. That's how much I'm sure it will work.
    Horizon is a very reputable unlocker. That's why he recommended them. I'd also recommend them.

An 8900 will work great on AT&T even if was a T-Mobile model, just keep in mind that UMA won't work.
    08-29-09 07:24 AM
    Oh well I only recommend unlockABC for a quick unlock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 07:53 AM
    I will try Horizon.
    08-29-09 02:33 PM
    why dont you try to see if the phone is already unlocked? i mean if theres no branding, but you are using it on T-mo, maybe its already unlocked.

options > advanced options > SIM Card ......type mepd (you wont see anything being typed though). everything should say disabled if its unlocked.
    08-29-09 06:10 PM
    I checked prior. It is locked. Tmobile sim doesn't work either.
    Last edited by r0c; 08-30-09 at 04:30 PM.
    08-30-09 04:06 PM
    so im going to try Horizon just don't know exactly what unlock purchase i should select. As stated above it has a vender id -214.
    09-01-09 10:24 PM
    so im going to try Horizon just don't know exactly what unlock purchase i should select. As stated above it has a vender id -214.
    i believe Vendor ID 214 is Am�rica M�vil, stock symbol AMX, a Mexican based wireless provider.

América Móvil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    09-02-09 01:57 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD