hi there

i have a really annoying 8900 curve from vodafone, it has been repaired twice and has developed the same fault again

all keys stopped working and all i can do is scroll about the screen.

I have had the phone sent for repair and when i recieved it back i was informed by letter that the software had been updated and an internal service was done. i thought oo good my phone will work, 5 days later it breaks again, i sent it for repair and recieved it last thursday and in the letter it said the keyboard was replaced.

it has now developed the same fault and im not very impressed by the quality of service that im getting ( i have now one and a half months of free line rental as a good will gesture but i cant really use that when my phones dead

i have asked this time for a replacement as its the third time but all im told is that im out of the cooling period and they wont replace the device.

can anyone please help before i go completely insaine?
    05-22-10 06:02 PM
    hi there

i have a really annoying 8900 curve from vodafone, it has been repaired twice and has developed the same fault again

all keys stopped working and all i can do is scroll about the screen.

I have had the phone sent for repair and when i recieved it back i was informed by letter that the software had been updated and an internal service was done. i thought oo good my phone will work, 5 days later it breaks again, i sent it for repair and recieved it last thursday and in the letter it said the keyboard was replaced.

it has now developed the same fault and im not very impressed by the quality of service that im getting ( i have now one and a half months of free line rental as a good will gesture but i cant really use that when my phones dead

i have asked this time for a replacement as its the third time but all im told is that im out of the cooling period and they wont replace the device.

can anyone please help before i go completely insaine?
    I don't know what "cooling period" means, but at any rate as long as your phone is still under warranty, they should honor the replacement request since they have not been able to repair the phone in the times you've sent it in. Try going as high as you can go up the chain of command of your carrier until you can speak with someone with more power. Hope that helps.
    05-22-10 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD