Just wanted everyone to know. This was my first OS installation. It was successful and very easy to do for me. I have had it for two days and have had no problems. I have been running BB Proalarms, slacker, facebook, Viigo, Ascendo Data Vault, and pageonce with no problem. The UMD handoff seems to be better and I have better battery life.

I am also a US Tmobile customer. So far, I am happy. All my favorites are still there.

Cheeto
    04-12-09 09:21 PM
    Still no issues for me on this OS. Its been rock solids for me. No complaints at all.
    04-12-09 09:22 PM
    I guess it's time for the obligatory battery pull.
    04-12-09 09:24 PM
    tried it out and had to downgrade, FB didnt wrk, also gave me a notice saying i didnt have data services, GPS didnt wrk, and wifi didnt wrk as well, downgrade back to my old OS and its wrking fine!...just throwing my input, i guess i'll wait for 5.0 non beta i hope?
    04-12-09 11:44 PM
    Finally upgraded from .199 to .206. Improvements I've noticed so far:
    1. Faster scrolling around Home screen (199 was a little laggy for me)
    2. More responsive Camera and Video Camera (199 was also laggy for me especially with the Camera app, which had a >2sec lag!)
    3. Faster GPS tracking (199 took noticeably longer to acquire satellites)
    4. You Tube works with no issues so far

Can't tell effects on Battery life yet, just installed not long ago. Media player "click" issue still there, word wrap issue still there.
    04-13-09 12:02 AM
    After upgrading to every OS (beta and release versions), this one is the ONLY one that has been 100% reliable for me when making UMA calls. The quality of calls is deteriorated from previous OS's, however the reliability is incredibly better.
    04-13-09 12:08 AM
    I have followed the instruction for dowloading and installing .206 but when the blackberry desktop manager says that my version is fine and does not need upgrading???? I am a UK tmobile user and i am currently running version 4.6.1.133. Any ideas????
    04-13-09 09:10 AM
    I have followed the instruction for dowloading and installing .206 but when the blackberry desktop manager says that my version is fine and does not need upgrading???? I am a UK tmobile user and i am currently running version 4.6.1.133. Any ideas????
    Make sure your PC is disconnected from the internet when you start the update process. I am with Vodafone UK and this is how I update my device, and it works faultlessly each time...

1. Download OS to your PC
    2. Install OS to PC
    3. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    4. Disconnect your PC from the internet
    5. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    6. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

Job done!

I then do a couple of battery pulls for completeness.
    04-13-09 10:45 AM

I then do a couple of battery pulls for completeness.
    I'm not trying to pollute a pretty post...but I havn't done any battery pulls after every O/S upgrade including 5.0. I'm talking about 114 to 133 to 152 to 166 to 199 and to 206.

No battery pulls needed, ever.

I really feel battery pulls are becoming a thing of the past.

A simple reboot, quickpull, or alt ++ del does the same thing.
    04-13-09 11:27 AM
    I'm not trying to pollute a pretty post...but I havn't done any battery pulls after every O/S upgrade including 5.0. I'm talking about 114 to 133 to 152 to 166 to 199 and to 206.

No battery pulls needed, ever.

I really feel battery pulls are becoming a thing of the past.

A simple reboot, quickpull, or alt ++ del does the same thing.
    There is more than one way to skin a cat... The battery pull is my preferred method...
    04-13-09 11:41 AM
    I don't know if it's just me but .199 has a better battery life than .206.
    Yep. That's what I think too.
    04-13-09 04:24 PM
    OK, I gave this OS another chance, this time instead of upgrading, I did a wipe first then popped on .206 and it works like a charm for me. Not a HUGe diff still between .199 but def a bit better now Woohoo!
    04-13-09 04:31 PM
    so what's the recommended action? battery pull or not? or just in case?
    04-13-09 04:38 PM
    Alright guys this is my first post ever since I got my new 8900 about 2 weeks ago. After reading through all the forums and see day by day all these beta firmware releases, I wasn't in a hurry to download anything since I loved the phone the way it was and was still getting used to playing around with it and becoming familiar with appworld and 3rd party applications. When I got it, it had version .114 on it directly from T-Mobile.

Now that .206 has been released and it's official, I went for it. I have DM 4.7 and yes the key is MAKING SURE YOU DISCONNECT FROM THE INTERNET which many many people do not seem to understand when they experience problems. All in all, the upgrade process literally only took 15 minutes and I updated on Saturday this past weekend. Here are my thoughts so far:

1)I don't notice very much difference with the camera shutter lag

2)The UMA handoff worked well for me this morning so no problems there

3)I am noticing a little worse reception in my home using wi-fi and UMA. Under .114 I always had three bars for UMA. Now under .206 I have 3 but most of the times it's 2 bars. I wonder why that is. Also battery life is a whole lot better now for sure. I noticed this really easily which is great!

4)I now have lag in my applications, whether it be exiting my text message area, exiting the menu screen, switching between applications and so forth. It's not all the time but I am now noticing it where I never had that issue before.

5)Every single time I push the lock keypad button at the top of my phone, it will lock but now I always see that little ticking "thinking" clock for like a split second or a second. Every single time, but not when I'm unlocking.

6)After doing battery pulls, startup is still around 4-6 minutes so not much difference there really

7)I tried accessing the crackberry application store link in my folder and it says: "Uncaught exception: java.lang.error" whatever that means. Facebook and Twitter and all other applications seem to work fine still.

8)One thing I am really upset about in both .114 and .206 is the volume of ringers and tones. Even tones on "high" are no where near what my Pearl 8100 used to do and that phone is way smaller! This needs to be addressed in a future update I hope.

Hope you guys enjoy my review!
    Last edited by ABerri; 04-14-09 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Original post was tooooo long, lol.
    04-13-09 05:09 PM
    I agree with the recent posts. My phone has quicker GPS, faster loading/boot time, and noticeable better battery life compared to .199. I actually didnt see much a difference in battery life between .114 and .199.

I'm happy with .206 until the official 5.0 comes out. Cant wait!!!
    04-13-09 05:25 PM
    can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong? i downlaod the os, but when i go to run it it says repair or remove. i repair then install it. then i delete the vendor file, disconnect my internet, and open dm 4.7 it only finds 5.0 which i have deleted or says fatal error cannot update blackberry? any solutions?
    04-13-09 06:43 PM
    Try using Desktop manager 4.6
    04-13-09 07:18 PM
    Where can I find it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 08:00 PM
    google.com
    04-13-09 08:08 PM
    04-13-09 08:09 PM
    Not a crazy difference than 199 but a bit more snazzy...I noticed there isn't a lag when selecting folders like there used to be...Browser seems faster...battery life is good...I'm happy...for now...LOL
    04-13-09 08:33 PM
    Thanks

04-13-09 08:38 PM
    just wondering if anyone else DIDNT NEED to restore 3rd party apps? after i upgraded to 206 my BB looked exactly the way it did before the upgrade, except of course its .206 now.

i actually didnt restore a single thing, not even contacts and sms, EVERYTHING is as it was before the upgrade, is this normal?
    04-13-09 09:10 PM
    I figured out the problem. I thought I had deleted 5.0 but I had to remove the program that's why dm kept showing the newest updatem but thanks for the help guys. .206 is good so far

04-13-09 10:20 PM
    I had the .114 on my 8900. I had some trouble installing the OS. After disconnecting from the internet and deleting the .xml file twice it worked.

ANYONE NOTICE under options>advanced options>accessibility you can change your icons to 4x4 or grayscale etc and other options. It's pretty cool!

I also noticed my internet is different. It won't download files from myxer or youtube unless on WiFi. And I can only simulate my browser like Blackberry and not Firefox like I used to be able to.

Overall, good OS. Everything has gone quickly. Works really well with new FB 1.5 too!
    04-13-09 10:25 PM
687 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD