I recently bought a 8900 on a visit to China after my 8300 kicked in. It appears to be an unlocked T-Mobile UK phone that was being sold on the 'shady' market in China.

I didn't have any problems using it over in China but on my return to the UK with my Orange UK SIM, my phone likes to add China's country code (+86) to every number I have saved/dial that doesn't have +44 attached to it already.

The simple solution would be to add +44 to every single UK number I dial, but when I receive calls from saved contacts, the number will not register with my phone. Meaning I have no caller ID attached even to saved numbers.

Anyone had similar problems/have a solution?

I figure I can reload the OS but I'm having trouble finding 4.6.1.133 for Orange UK. Is it up somewhere?

Thanks.
    09-02-09 12:14 PM
    Press Green call button > BB button > Options > Smart dialing > Country code > (change to preferred prefix eg +44)
    09-02-09 12:19 PM
    Press Green call button > BB button > Options > Smart dialing > Country code > (change to preferred prefix eg +44)
    Genius! Thank you very much for the quick reply/solution.
    09-02-09 12:23 PM
    Welcome...just saw the post when i logged on and it's a problem I had with using a theme that had US numbers preset. Sussed it out after some searching through the phone, so figured may a well share the info
    09-02-09 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD