So I went to lunch w/ a coworker and checked my email and all was good. Got back to the office to see a white screen and no T-Mobile logo on the reboot and now getting a white screen indefinately. Tried to reinstall the software and noticed the LCD a little iffy on the top of the screen. I went to my local TMO store and they were trying to tell me I dropped it and that's why it's bad. I have the insurance on the phone but don't wanna have to buy a new one. It's only 6 weeks old. It's totally non functional to me now.

Totally pissed right now. Am I best to call T-Mo cust service and just deal w/ them on this? The store's are filled with idiots, sorry if you work there, but being honest. Thinking i'll need a replacement on this vs fixing it.

Any help appreciated. A sad crackberry user....
    05-08-09 01:28 AM
    I'm assuming you pulled the battery out while it was on and it is still a white screen, so I think your best bet is calling CS because it is still under warranty. Sorry for your loss.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 01:34 AM
    So I went to lunch w/ a coworker and checked my email and all was good. Got back to the office to see a white screen and no T-Mobile logo on the reboot and now getting a white screen indefinately. Tried to reinstall the software and noticed the LCD a little iffy on the top of the screen. I went to my local TMO store and they were trying to tell me I dropped it and that's why it's bad. I have the insurance on the phone but don't wanna have to buy a new one. It's only 6 weeks old. It's totally non functional to me now.

Totally pissed right now. Am I best to call T-Mo cust service and just deal w/ them on this? The store's are filled with idiots, sorry if you work there, but being honest. Thinking i'll need a replacement on this vs fixing it.

Any help appreciated. A sad crackberry user....
    How long is indefinite? When you get the white screen, are you stopping it by removing the battery? Blackberries take a long time to restart.

Have you tried reloading the OS?
    05-08-09 01:37 AM
    Sounds like you are running a 3rd party theme and you restarted the phone with unread messages. This is an extremely common problem. First hold down the power button for 5 seconds or so until the phone turns off. Then press the button again to turn the phone back on. When it comes back up, switch to one of the default precision themes and then restart your device. When the phone comes back up you can then switch back to the theme you had before. To prevent this in the future, do not restart the device with unread messages if you have 3rd party theme active.
    05-08-09 08:42 AM
    sounds like it was a random re-boot... what OS is loaded?

I would call CS and ask for a replacement, the store personnel do suck sometimes.
    05-08-09 09:00 AM
    Sounds like you are running a 3rd party theme and you restarted the phone with unread messages. This is an extremely common problem. First hold down the power button for 5 seconds or so until the phone turns off. Then press the button again to turn the phone back on. When it comes back up, switch to one of the default precision themes and then restart your device. When the phone comes back up you can then switch back to the theme you had before. To prevent this in the future, do not restart the device with unread messages if you have 3rd party theme active.
    What does having a 3rd party theme & unread messages have to do with each other?
    I've used plenty of 3rd party themes, using one now and have 161 unread messages; my phone doesn't randomly restart & based on what you've said- it should- all the time.
    05-08-09 01:48 PM
    sounds like it was a random re-boot... what OS is loaded?

I would call CS and ask for a replacement, the store personnel do suck sometimes.
    I think a replacement should be considered if the problem is ongoing. If it's only happened once, the replacement option is extreme.
    05-08-09 01:49 PM
    What does having a 3rd party theme & unread messages have to do with each other?
    I've used plenty of 3rd party themes, using one now and have 161 unread messages; my phone doesn't randomly restart & based on what you've said- it should- all the time.
    I didn't mention anything about random restarts ...

If you have a 3rd party theme and you have unread messages and you restart the phone with the 3rd party theme active there is a very common problem where the phone gets stuck at the white screen. It happens all the time.
    05-08-09 02:46 PM
    Lex, that is a bug only relevant to the 8900 and people using themes that were built using the 4.6 Beta Plazmic. I have never encountered this problem BTW. I also use 3rd party themes.
    05-08-09 03:58 PM
    Lex, that is a bug only relevant to the 8900 and people using themes that were built using the 4.6 Beta Plazmic. I have never encountered this problem BTW. I also use 3rd party themes.
    Has NOTHING to do with BETA. Even the NEWEST plazmic does this.
    05-08-09 04:02 PM
    This problem was solved with the 5.0 beta OS (that i see you have). And like Aristle said, not the random reboots, but rather rebooting with 3rd party themes and getting the Carrier logo or errors or missing icons.
    05-08-09 04:05 PM
    Has NOTHING to do with BETA. Even the NEWEST plazmic does this.
    I stand corrected. Wasn't it more prevalent in the Beta though?
    05-08-09 04:33 PM
    Its a bug for all 3rd party themes created in Plazmic 4.7 for the 8900 and OS 4.6.1.X. It is resolved in OS 5.0, but that OS also has its own problems and additional bugs right now. Perhaps an updated to Plazmic will fix the bug but I don't think anyone is aware either way on that one. Unfortunately, the problem may persist until everyone is updated to OS 5.0.
    05-08-09 04:39 PM
    I stand corrected. Wasn't it more prevalent in the Beta though?
    I personally do not think so. I think a lot of members thought that was the problem. I am a theme creator and never had the problem but then users of my themes were saying it was a problem. Me, aristile, clintro and a couple other members worked together and found that unread messages is the problem, beta plazmic or not.

OP, have not seen you back since you posted the problem. Anything work yet? You said you tried to reinstall but the post almost sounds like you deiced not to? What does the LCD seams "a little iffy" mean?
    05-08-09 04:59 PM
    Thanks B and anyone else that said this. But the OP with the problem has a Curve 8320 at least thats what their device model says; not an 8900- which IMHO, doesn't make it clear which one they have.
    Last edited by ScandaLeX; 05-08-09 at 05:57 PM.
    05-08-09 05:54 PM
    i to have just had this problem two days ago i deleted app from my phone and forgot i had 5 unread messages and i also got the white screen and i had previously read about a safe start witch worked and i deleted the messages switched theme (to reboot again) and no problem since . before this happened i purchased a new theme from jc / gadgetbean "neoblue" great theme .
    05-08-09 07:56 PM
    Hello All,
    Had/having same problem w my 8900. After dealing with incompentant staff at my local T-Mobile store, I have been dealin with Customer Service and I am now on my 3rd "replacement" phone. Everytime they send me a 8900, it does the same thing. (works for 2-3 days then WHITE SCREEN). The last one worked for 2 hours; I called CS immediately and they are now sending me an entirely new model.
    Highly disappointed that this seems to be a common, reoccuring issue yet there is nothing has been done about it.
    Hopefully I will have better luck with the Bold they are sending me.
    10-17-10 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD