Hello all,

Last month I moved from the Bold to an 8900, I am very happy with the move and the size vs features balance is just about perfect.

I am noticing 2 minor issues though, firstly when typing the phone frequently stops responding just for a few seconds before catching up. Secondly battery pulls are a real lottery with either the phone hanging on restart of restarting but with an error message that I have to solve by switching themes and rebooting again.

I have the iberry blocks theme and am currently running the HD PTP 8900 theme. For all it's heft the bold never missed a beat in these areas. In terms of apps I have quicklaunch, weatherbug, bolt, facebook and tweetgenius installed but not much else.

Anybody else experiencing this?
    08-07-09 07:47 AM
    It might be your themes. This device is usually rock solid.
    08-07-09 08:31 AM
    yea..might be ur theme..
    08-07-09 09:43 AM
    remove your themes!
    08-07-09 09:55 AM
    That sounds like the OS, what OS are you running? not saying that is not theme related...........you said that you have the iBerry blocks theme right, not really sure if it is the same but I've been running the OS 4.6.1.250 and the iBerry for 8900 version 1.0 theme from Lunars Eddge Design and it's been simply fantastic, I've tried pretty much every theme out there and never before I've stayed this long with any of them, the clarity and functionality are superb., no problems whatosever.....good luck
    08-07-09 10:41 AM
    Nope, neither problem is prevalent in my device. Running .250, boot up has never failed and the only time when it pauses to think for 2 secs occasionally would be when I'm multitasking by surfing and smsing/emailing at the same time (only when page is large and still loading, once it loads, no problems multitasking). I'd guess its OS or 3rd party app related.

On a seperate note, could you tell me how do you find the speed difference in loading pages from a 3G device to a 8900? I generally don't browse for long on my 8900 because its a bit too slow for my liking, with Wi-Fi its great, but without it, its a bit too cumbersome. The Iphone kicks the Blackberry browsing capabilities so hard.
    08-07-09 10:58 AM
    Get an iPhone. You will praise jesus if u do. Such a better device by far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 12:18 PM
    Get an iPhone. You will praise jesus if u do. Such a better device by far.

The iPhone will probably overheat and vanish in a puff of smoke since they are prone to overheating
    Doc
    08-07-09 01:38 PM
    At least you can enjoy the fireworks!!!!

Oh yeah...try the bolt browser if you want fast non-mobile site browsing

08-07-09 02:01 PM
    Hello all,

Last month I moved from the Bold to an 8900, I am very happy with the move and the size vs features balance is just about perfect.

I am noticing 2 minor issues though, firstly when typing the phone frequently stops responding just for a few seconds before catching up. Secondly battery pulls are a real lottery with either the phone hanging on restart of restarting but with an error message that I have to solve by switching themes and rebooting again.

I have the iberry blocks theme and am currently running the HD PTP 8900 theme. For all it's heft the bold never missed a beat in these areas. In terms of apps I have quicklaunch, weatherbug, bolt, facebook and tweetgenius installed but not much else.

Anybody else experiencing this?
    U might have a defected 8900 brah!! Aint got no issues on my side!!
    08-07-09 02:11 PM
    it probably is the themes.......I had some theme on my phone and my phone slowed down dramaticly... it did the same thing yours is doing now...so I deleted it and my vision app for youtube and it's working just like it did before!!!!

wonderful!!
    08-07-09 02:56 PM
    I am on 4.6.126 I think. The problems are the same on both of my TP themes so I suspect an app m)b

Iphone? I have an ipod touch and cannot imagine having to type on that thing every day.

08-07-09 06:21 PM
    Let me guess... unread emails when you do a battery pull... right??? Check out the 3rd party theme issue link in my signature below... it's a known issue.
    08-07-09 07:52 PM
    Right I think the restart issue is down to the iberry theme running the HD one now and it restarts ok. The slow down continues though.

Yes the restart problem was messages showing when there were none but more than that on the iberry theme the message box was not visible and I got a java error too.
    08-08-09 04:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD