As title..not sure why?
    Running .1174 beta since it first appeared months ago- had no problems with this OS build and find the battery life to b better than the rest., which is why i havent replaced it.

No new apps installed, usage not changed.
    Restarts in standby, or unlocked..on the phone and off the phone
    Random pattern to it.
    Getting incredibly frustrating- done it twice in the last hour.

Has been doing this for the past 3 weeks now.

Any suggestions?

This is my 5th handset replacement for a variety of warranty reasona..if this one needs replacing i will junk it and get a 9700.
    09-27-09 07:31 PM
    Never heard of that BETA version. I think you should reload your current OS if you like it so much. You should be able to handle it if you loaded a BETA OS to begin with.

5 handsets sounds strange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 08:22 PM
    If you are running a beta.... You should roll bake to an official OS and see if you still have the issue..... Try pulling the memory card as well.... I haven't heard of that OS either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 08:28 PM
    Where did u get that beta os from?, haven't seen it b4.

'Yes' would be better if u re-load ur OS or better follow Clintro's advice and install an official version

Good luck!
    09-27-09 08:49 PM
    Ffs- typo!
    OS is 4.6.1.174

Pretty sure it's not down to the OS- have had this since it appeared, and its only started this reboot xcrap the last few weeks.
    09-28-09 04:58 AM
    174 is a beta?? move up to 231 or 250....
    09-28-09 07:11 AM
    An older OS and a Beta one at that? Just upgrade to the latest official. Use .231 or .250. They have the best reputation around here.
    09-28-09 01:08 PM
    Upgrade or reload your current OS... .250 and .231 are very good OS versions.
    09-28-09 01:11 PM
    Ffs- typo!
    OS is 4.6.1.174

Pretty sure it's not down to the OS- have had this since it appeared, and its only started this reboot xcrap the last few weeks.

OS is where you start first. You asked the question and thats what we all agree to start with. And as Clint stated, if you have a memory card I would pull it out and see if that helps.
    09-28-09 01:16 PM
    You sure Orange didn't push you some sort of App without asking you to start this fiasco off? Check your Dls and make sure there's no junk on there.
    09-28-09 01:58 PM
    Did it three times in an hour earlier...got sick of this, so I've wiped it and put .250 on it.
    Will see how it performs now..
    09-30-09 11:30 AM
    great! .250 works like a charm!
    09-30-09 11:47 AM
    Hi Everyone,
    I upgraded my 8900 to the latest .231 release from T-Mobile and it's been doing the random reboot since!

It's rebooted three time this morning and several time yesterday. Did I do something wrong?

I've cleaned the memory, removed the battery, and the reboot still occurs.

Any advice would be appreciated,
    Thanks in advance!

Mike
    10-01-09 09:21 AM
    Hi Everyone,
    I upgraded my 8900 to the latest .231 release from T-Mobile and it's been doing the random reboot since!

It's rebooted three time this morning and several time yesterday. Did I do something wrong?

I've cleaned the memory, removed the battery, and the reboot still occurs.

Any advice would be appreciated,
    Thanks in advance!

Mike
    Make a backup using DM and all your 3rd party apps using the procedure in my signature below... then Wipe your device and reload your OS... I prefer using CrackMem, available in my signature as well... just load CrackMem, start it, select the OS version and click the Wipe button... you will then need to reload your data from DM and your 3rd party apps.
    10-01-09 09:26 AM
    Ok...update.
    It appears that it was the OS... wierd as it had given me zero problems up until then

.250 is superb- except for the browser constantly freezing and needing a battery pull.. but I have Bolt anyway, so its all good.
    10-05-09 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD