I've noticed this is a MAJOR flaw with the 8900.. mine just went out and i sold it for 75.00 on craigslist to someone who needed it for parts! im VERY dissapointed and quite frankley MAD!!!! who else has been duped by the 8900 and screwed by its keyboard???
    05-19-10 11:05 PM
    No one? If its a crummy keyboard, why didn't you just buy a replacement one? maybe you can be a little more specific as to what thie "flaw" is.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 05-19-10 at 11:38 PM.
    05-19-10 11:27 PM
    The flaw is the keyboard just started sticking for no apparent reason.. No spillage NOTHING. Then it progressed and after a few months the keyboard was basically locked and I couldn't txt or make calls.
    I didn't get a replacement phone bcause it's not under warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by cherryjuice; 05-20-10 at 01:12 AM.
    05-20-10 01:09 AM
    The flaw is the keyboard just started sticking for no apparent reason.. No spillage NOTHING. Then it progressed and after a few months the keyboard was basically locked and I couldn't txt or make calls.
    I didn't get a replacement phone bcause it's not under warranty.

no, a replacement keypad. for $15 and 15 minutes, you couldve replaced your keypad with a new one from cnn.cn. do you sell your car for junk because if has a flat?

i mean come on, if the phone is out of warranty, spending $15 on a replacement keypad and doing it yourself is a no-brainer. the only flaw here, is you selling your phone for junk when it potentially couldve been a simple repair. and no, ive never had any issues with my 8900 keypad.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 05-20-10 at 02:00 AM.
    05-20-10 01:57 AM
    I have to agree you could of easily doubled what you sold it for if you would of just basically changed the keyboard. Whoever just brought it got one heck of a steal assuming the keyboard was the only thing not functioning correctly.
    05-20-10 02:00 AM
    L2doityourself
    05-20-10 02:04 AM
    Why should one HAVE TO when you pay that much for a phone to begin with??

05-20-10 05:05 AM
    Why should one HAVE TO when you pay that much for a phone to begin with??

sometimes things go wrong. most purchased products arent perfect. alot of new items can go bad quick, requiring the replacement of parts or servicing. $15 for a replacement keypad and you doing the labor yourself, is well worth doing vs scrapping the phone. maybe you just had a bad unit. my 8900 is still working fine.

if you took the time to assess your situation, you wouldve realized there were other options besides selling your phone for scrap and complaining about the keypad.
    05-20-10 05:14 AM
    Well I have looked.. Please tell me where I can get this fixed for 15 bux because its not just sticky keys its the whole keyboard and btw just so you can confirm.. This was my last option... I lost NO money and have replaced the 75 dollar 8900 with a 9700 for 50.00 more and am currently happy with wt I have.. Just curious about others misfortune with the 8900...

05-20-10 06:29 AM
    well what do you mean its "not just sticky keys, its the whole keypad". you go on any of the well known websites and just buy a replacement. you still havent really told us what the real issue is. the keypad itself or the circuit board under it.
    05-20-10 06:15 PM
    Circuit board & I'm not messing qqith that.. I bought and sold it for 75.00 so I didn't lose anything rly..

05-20-10 09:02 PM
    if you didn't loose anything then what are you complaining about?
    replacement keyboard is $3 + free shipping on eBay.. for an extra $2 you can get the tools to replace it.
    05-20-10 11:55 PM
    so the circuit board just stopped working by magic ? there should be an explanation, what did you do to it before it stopped working ?
    05-21-10 03:28 PM
    Sounds like he bought a used 8900,(considering the $75 price he bought and sold it for), that may have already had a problem. So it might have been a problem due to something the previous owner dumped it for.

I have a use 8900 that has been through two other owners that I know of, and no problems with the keys so far.

05-21-10 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD