hi there! im about to buy the 8900, i live in spain and here there is no edge network, its only 3g or gprs (what where they thinking?). i know that 3g will be the best thing, but i want a bb now, i dont like the bold (bulky desing), and i dont want to wait 4 the onyx (even knowing it will be one of the best bb, maybe i get it someday).

The big PROBLEM is that here the carriers limit the bandwith of your phone. they give you for example 300mb a month at full speed but if you pass that limit they will slow your bb connection to 256kps or 128kbps. after knowing this, what can you guys tell me? should i go for the 8900 with no 3g nor edge? of should i get a 3g phone knowing that my carrier wont let me use the 3g at a 100%??

will i survive on gprs? i do basic mailing, normal browsing (news and forums), i like to upload lots of pics to facebook; but id love to stream music and videos.

thanks guys
    09-06-09 03:35 PM
    I like my 8900... and I have Wifi at home and work, which is usually 90% of my day... so in that case it is plenty fast enough... streaming music and videos will eat up 300mb a month in no time even on 3G.
    09-06-09 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD