My 8900 battery completely died the other day, and now after ive charged it it hangs on the operator logo start-up screen. Ive worked out that if it try and turn it off via the red end call button I can get it to semi work, but messages, both my email inboxes, camera and browser are missing. I can still access them via the application switcher (apart from the camera), but its a bit of a pain.

The BB is still under warranty but i've applied an invisibleSHIELD so dont really want to return it. What are my other options?
    09-13-09 08:15 AM
    Never drain the battery completely.

You should be able to get the icons back by changing the theme. If not, reload the device software. .250 owns all atm anyways.
    09-13-09 08:46 AM
    Thanks for the tips, changing the theme brought back my inboxs but not messages, browser or camera. How would I go about reloading and where can i get .250 from?

Ive heard of the swiss army knife, will it void my warranty?
    09-13-09 09:00 AM
    Thanks for the tips, changing the theme brought back my inboxs but not messages, browser or camera. How would I go about reloading and where can i get .250 from?

Ive heard of the swiss army knife, will it void my warranty?
    Get it here.. -->

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/ne...nguage-245615/

I have never used swiss army knife, and don't know much about it.
    09-13-09 09:01 AM
    Why ask about SAK??? You don't need it... if your device is working, stop!!! If it's working, leave it alone... get to know your device.

Recommend you start to get to know your device... start with the Blackberry 101 lessons... there is a link under "Blackberry Help" at the top of every forum page.

If you are still having issues with your device, then reload your current OS... Backup everything, including 3rd party apps with the link in my signature below... follow the simple directions in the .250 OS Post #1, or the Blackberry 101 lesson on OS upgrade, or the Upgrade/Downgrade Procedures link in my signature below.... or you can install your OS, and CrackMem, start CrackMem, select OS, and click the Wipe button, this will wipe your device and load the OS you just selected.
    09-13-09 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD