Like many of you outhere, I love my BB. So much that I do not dare dissasemble it myself. I do however want to modify it. So the question is, is there anyone in the Boston Mass area that has experience with this and would be willing to modify my BB? Naturally I would purchase the equipment and would also be willing to negotiate a payment for the job. Please get back to me if interested.
    08-06-09 12:46 PM
    Personally, there's only one person I can think of I would let take apart my device.(Horizon Wireless). Check out the sticky at the top of the 8900 forum and watch some videos of taking the device apart. Then when you feel comfortable, give it a go.
    08-06-09 01:14 PM
    What you're looking to do exactly? The first time i picked down my 8900 it was nerve wrecking for sure but now it's so easy i can swap out my trackball in under 5 minutes. Youtube it and see how simple it is really.

08-06-09 01:20 PM
    What you're looking to do exactly? The first time i picked down my 8900 it was nerve wrecking for sure but now it's so easy i can swap out my trackball in under 5 minutes. Youtube it and see how simple it is really.

Yeh me too! I dismantled mine yesterday.
    08-06-09 01:25 PM
    Im just looking to swap out the bezel to a black one and maybe the trackball.
    Thanks for the advice guys.
    08-06-09 01:40 PM
    Im just looking to swap out the bezel to a black one and maybe the trackball.
    Thanks for the advice guys.
    I've replaced/repaired/upgraded/swapped absolutely every part of my 8900. The first time is always the most frustrating, but it gets easier. If you're comfortable with your phone then I say go for it. If not, spend some time here talking with those of us who have and we can always give you advice/pointers.

I customized my T-Mo BB with a black bezel and an AT&T keyboard recently.
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 08-06-09 at 01:48 PM.
    08-06-09 01:45 PM
    08-06-09 02:05 PM
    Or, instead of posting links to other forums you can just see the sticky at the top of this forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/bl...cement-185961/
    08-06-09 02:11 PM
    Again thanks for all of your replies, It's dope that all BB users love to help each other n share info. I have an ATT 8900 and I'm thinking of a black bezel with the Tmo keyboard.
    08-06-09 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD