Hey all,

I just bought a USB dongle for my laptop so I could transfer files and do backups via bluetooth. DM works fine, I even have it set up to act as a BT modem, however I can't see my 8900 in "my computer". Mass storage is turned on.

What am I missing?
    03-05-09 06:09 PM
    Hey all,

I just bought a USB dongle for my laptop so I could transfer files and do backups via bluetooth. DM works fine, I even have it set up to act as a BT modem, however I can't see my 8900 in "my computer". Mass storage is turned on.

What am I missing?

have you try to add the 8900 from "add device" from the Bluetooth device window in "Control Panel"?

Also make sure the Bluetooth on your pc is on

> it took me a while to realize that the problem was the bluetooth on my pc was not "turned on" (default is off) when I try to add/ search BT device(s).
    03-06-09 03:55 AM
    Hey all,

What am I missing?
    I think in order to be able to do this, the BB has to have a PAN (Personal Area Networking) profile. Which, it doesn't.

I think you can push single files, back and forth, and even sync and do backups. Just not access the card, as if it were on a LAN.
    03-06-09 04:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD