The 8900 has the same microprocessor as the bold. The rep mentioned that too. And the rep also said on the next official os update there might be 3g. The only 3g phones tmobile has now are the g1 and the memoir

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    if the hardware is not there no matter what software they do, it wouldn't magically appear.. this has been a subject of alot of threads, do some reading and you will understand where I'm coming from...

Trust me I love 8900 to have 3G as I'm using one on ATT....
    03-24-09 09:40 PM
    i have the same icons
    03-24-09 09:48 PM
    Features and Specifications

GSM Quad-band phone capable of global roaming (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)

Data

GPRS/EDGE

03-24-09 09:50 PM
    The 8900 has 3g for tmobile I called the rep they said tmobile didn't activate it yet

Nope.

The 8900 has the same microprocessor as the bold. The rep mentioned that too. And the rep also said on the next official os update there might be 3g. The only 3g phones tmobile has now are the g1 and the memoir

Nope.

How about you do some actual research instead of just believing anything a rep tells you and then coming pawn it off as truth here at Crackberry. Or continue listening to the reps and being naive, your choice.
    03-24-09 10:16 PM
    The rep said it will make coffee, do my job, and print legal currency. Just requires a sw update.

03-24-09 10:33 PM
    The rep said it will turn into a flesh light with a software update. I'm more excited about that than I am about the non-existent 3G.

Rep's, although helpful with account issues, are not at all knowledgeable about the devices themselves. I actually had a T-mo rep tell me "Whats the big deal about Blackberrys?" He was also helping out a customer highly interested in the G1 and he asked me if I would consider the G1 to which I replied loudly, "The G1 is OLD technology, theres a G2 coming out soon." Woops, who just lost a sale. No actually the customer interested in the G1 bought a Pearl flip. I'm starting to feel like a Jehovah's witness getting people into the Crackberry religion.
    03-24-09 10:39 PM
    The rep said it will make coffee, do my job, and print legal currency. Just requires a sw update.

lmao
    03-24-09 10:41 PM

Exactly! LMAO
    03-24-09 10:48 PM
    Next thing they'll tell you is the 8900 will work with Verizon or Sprint . But seriously you are always better off doing your own research before trusting most of them.
    03-24-09 10:56 PM
    I am using my 8900 on att and i have these icons too! im hoping for a 3g release sooner than later! lets keep our fingers crossed my wife is sooo jealous of my sexy new berry!
    03-25-09 06:50 PM
    I have them too. I never knew they were not preloaded until today though since I only got the 8900 on Saturday.
    03-26-09 12:20 AM
    i bought the unbranded curve 8900
    put my iphone simcard in the phone, then called att to get the blackberry plan,the next day i had the att navigator and all this other stuff just show up out of nowhere
    03-26-09 12:46 PM
    i bought the unbranded curve 8900
    put my iphone simcard in the phone, then called att to get the blackberry plan,the next day i had the att navigator and all this other stuff just show up out of nowhere
    Right, because when you downloaded the service books the info was pushed to your phone.
    03-27-09 12:28 AM
    Exactly. Our contract expires soon, and this is the one I am holding my upgrade for. My wife wants an iPhone, but if they don't bring this out, I will go to Verizon and get a Niagra for myself and a Storm for her.

I would agree going for the Niagra, but the Storm is garbage. Also expect your bill to be 20-30$ higher with Verizon, at least from T-Mobile pricing, not sure about AT&T
    03-27-09 04:55 PM
    Well I hope this means something internally at at&t. Cause I don't know how much longer I can hold off this itch, to get an unlocked 8900.
    I can't wait anymore, I think I'm just gonna go buy an unlocked one this weekend.
    03-27-09 11:31 PM
    I would agree going for the Niagra, but the Storm is garbage. Also expect your bill to be 20-30$ higher with Verizon, at least from T-Mobile pricing, not sure about AT&T
    While I disagree about the Storm, this is not the place to debate it.

Yes the bill will be higher than TMo, but will be identical (or pretty darn close) to what it would be on AT&T with the same features.
    03-28-09 12:16 AM
    I can't wait anymore, I think I'm just gonna go buy an unlocked one this weekend.
    I bought an unlocked TMo branded Curve in eBay last week. Had it up and running on my Bold SIM card within minutes. No problems at all. Sweet phone!
    03-28-09 12:18 AM

I just bought a unlocked T-Mo branded 8900 and came UPS today. If you want one, just get one now and not wait for At&t. I have the best of both worlds now... the Bold and Javelin
    03-28-09 12:20 AM
    I really want to try the Javelin but I just love 3g too much. Hopefully this means its coming to ATT soon and I can get one cheap on contract since mine is up.
    03-28-09 12:51 AM
    I just bought a unlocked T-Mo branded 8900 and came UPS today. If you want one, just get one now and not wait for At&t. I have the best of both worlds now... the Bold and Javelin
    That's what I'm thinking Garz. I've been holding off on this ever since At&t announced they were going to release this. I just basically ran out of patience
    03-28-09 01:15 AM
    That's what I'm thinking Garz. I've been holding off on this ever since At&t announced they were going to release this. I just basically ran out of patience
    HEHEHEHE ... Me too, except that was back in January!
    03-28-09 01:21 AM
    I'm trying to trade my iPhone 3G for one of these or another Bold..
    03-28-09 01:23 AM
    I'm trying to trade my iPhone 3G for one of these or another Bold..
    what are you trading for? i have 2 8900's if your interested.
    03-28-09 03:53 AM
    That's what I am thinking, but I may just hold out. Or wait for the next generation Pearl.

03-28-09 04:56 AM
    Well I went ahead and got my 8900 yesterday with no regrets.
    04-01-09 11:05 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD