I have an 8330 with BES, and I'm planning on upgrading to an 8900. Verizon says when they port my 8330 to the 8900 I won't need to do anything with BES, which doesn't sound right. I don't know anything about the inner workings of BES but I would guess it would need to at least know the PIN of the new device. I'm assuming BES settings can't be modified OTA by Verizon (at least I hope so!).

Our IT guru is on leave for a month, and I'll await her return if BES needs to be updated for the new phone.

Thanks
    01-13-10 10:59 AM
    VZW does not have the 8900
    01-13-10 11:01 AM
    My guess it's either a Curve 8530 or Tour, but the 8900 is a GSM device.
    01-13-10 12:44 PM
    It's the new Curve; sorry, wrong forum.
    01-13-10 01:34 PM
    I have an 8330 with BES, and I'm planning on upgrading to an 8900. Verizon says when they port my 8330 to the 8900 I won't need to do anything with BES, which doesn't sound right. I don't know anything about the inner workings of BES but I would guess it would need to at least know the PIN of the new device. I'm assuming BES settings can't be modified OTA by Verizon (at least I hope so!).

Our IT guru is on leave for a month, and I'll await her return if BES needs to be updated for the new phone.

Thanks
    You should not have a problem upgrading your phone equipment or OS with the BES. We have done it at the company I work for with no problem. We do it with our unit and BES. Your profile on the server gets updated during the Activation. So it takes a little longer during that first sync. This has be done with unlocked phone too. We have put ATT(Storm), Verizon (Tour), and other curve on TMO and our network for email. We just had to send the service book to the unit and everything works.

Hope this helps...
    01-13-10 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD