I need help to find out what is happenning to my 8900. I will charge the battery and it will be at 100% (I check) and I will turn off the phone at night. When I get up in the morning the battery is completely drained. I have to put in the charger and wait a few minutes before I am able to turn it on and it is competely drain. I do unplug the 8900 once the green light comes on to indicate it is full. I recently purchased a new battery and it still does the same. Has anyone had this problem?
    08-18-09 03:31 PM
    Are you using Twitter or Facebook... maybe even Viigo??? Some of these can be closed without exiting the app, so they are still running in the background.

Press and hold the Menu button down for a couple seconds... then you will see a scrollable list of apps that are running in the background... the following is a list of what apps are always running by the OS: Home Screen, Messenger, Browser, Call Log, and Messages

If anything else is running you are not closing them properly. Another thing you can do to save battery life is push the Standby button on the top right... this will remove power from the screen and keyboard and basically put the processor in a hibernate mode to only listen for phone calls or messages.
    08-18-09 04:11 PM
    Thanks for the information. I don't use twitter or facebaook and very seldom use Vlingo. However, I do hit the "close" section of each application when I know I am not going back to it. If I am going back I will do "switch application". I do check to make sure all applications are closed and I do use my standby mode a lot. I usually turn it completely off at night but maybe there is an application still running in the back ground. I will check again tonight. In the mean time, T-mobile is sending me a replacement. Thanks again for your help. I was wondering if anyone else was having this proble,.
    08-18-09 05:31 PM
    Just to let you know... a replacement more than likely will be a refurbished/repaired device, they are usually not new... so you want to be sure you have a broken device, not an issue that is your mistake.
    08-18-09 05:42 PM
    Hi, I'm having similar problems with my device, It will be fully charged when i wake up, around 12pm and then be flashing angrily at me to charge it again at about 7pm. I'm not a heavy user i.e. use viigo now and again, 30-40 sms a day, 10 emails a day the occasional BBM and i also have the auto standby feature. This has only started to occur recently and i have tried using the hold down menu function but it does not appear to work, currently using .133
    08-18-09 07:02 PM
    Holding down the menu key doesn't work on older OS, you can hold down ALT and tap the escape key. Roll to the right until you highlight the app you want and then release the ALT key.
    08-18-09 07:27 PM
    Hi, I'm having similar problems with my device, It will be fully charged when i wake up, around 12pm and then be flashing angrily at me to charge it again at about 7pm. I'm not a heavy user i.e. use viigo now and again, 30-40 sms a day, 10 emails a day the occasional BBM and i also have the auto standby feature. This has only started to occur recently and i have tried using the hold down menu function but it does not appear to work, currently using .133
    The alternate for this is to hold down the Alt key and press the Esc Key (just to the right of the trackball)... Alt + Esc... this will display the app switcher on older OS versions.
    08-18-09 07:28 PM
    I cleared all the apps running in the background except the normal apps that run. One question how do you close out BB IM. Iam going try it tonight. Thnaks.
    08-18-09 08:52 PM
    wait wait wait .. i tried the holding down the menu key thing and it doesnt work for my 8900!?!?
    08-18-09 09:36 PM
    wait wait wait .. i tried the holding down the menu key thing and it doesnt work for my 8900!?!?
    It's only on newer OS's, you may be running an older OS. I don't remember which OS introduced this shortcut though.
    08-18-09 09:39 PM
    I believe .199 and newer have this feature.

A couple things that seem to have been overlooked is: Do you have Wi-Fi turned on? Is your mobile connection on? Is bluetooth on? Having all three on can affect battery as well. Also, is GPS on?
    08-18-09 10:30 PM
    I believe .199 and newer have this feature.
    not even .114 !! is upgrading to .231 too big of a jump?
    08-18-09 10:37 PM
    No. And it's recommended. I'm using .231 and it's great. Please read this before upgrading.
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 08-18-09 at 10:42 PM.
    08-18-09 10:39 PM
    If you know how to upgrade then go for it. If you do not know how to upgrade then I highly suggest that you read through the upgrade procedure several times until you are very familiar with each and every step. Once you are there and are also confident you can recover your phone should you brick it, then I say go for it. Good Luck.
    08-18-09 10:41 PM
    If you know how to upgrade then go for it. If you do not know how to upgrade then I highly suggest that you read through the upgrade procedure several times until you are very familiar with each and every step. Once you are there and are also confident you can recover your phone should you brick it, then I say go for it. Good Luck.
    Ha! My slow buddy! Beat ya!

Welcome back btw. How was dinner? LOL
    08-18-09 10:42 PM
    thnks guys .. i've done some research so im pretty confident .. currently upgrading .. wish me luck =)
    08-18-09 10:56 PM
    Ha! My slow buddy! Beat ya!

Welcome back btw. How was dinner? LOL
    It was alright, LOL. I ended up watching some TV too while I was at it - WSOP at whatnot!
    08-18-09 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD