ive been seeing allot of hype on that new curve the 8900 i believe it looks almost the same to the 9000 aka the bold but i dont know what i should get im switching to rogers and their offering to give me the bold for about 100 bucks i want to know if the 8900 is available for rogers yet?

and which would you say is the better phone? / are they the same sh*t
    11-07-08 09:12 AM
    Size, 3G or not.
    Those are the two major differences in my mind. The Javelin has a better form factor (to me). The Bold has 3G which is a huge difference in speed. Since my web browsing on my phones are for quick google searches mostly and quick email reading I can give up the 3G in favor of a smaller, easier phone to carry around. You need to see what your priorities/preferences are and choose accordingly.
    11-07-08 11:38 AM
    i couldn't have said it better myself
    11-07-08 11:57 AM
    true thanks guys much apreciated ill go for the bold looks allot cooler and seems allot better anyone know the battery life on those things? liek average
    11-07-08 12:12 PM
    and the javelin has a better camera for those funny drunk shots
    11-07-08 02:40 PM
    Personally, I could leave T-Mobile and buy a Bold very shortly, but I am staying with T-Mobile and waiting for the Curve 8900... I prefer the size, screen resolution and the 3.2M pixel camera of the Curve 8900 over the 3G Bold's speed.
    11-07-08 03:03 PM
    Funny, I'm on ATT and can't wait to leave for TMo once the 8900 comes out there. ATT is just too costly on their plans and being on South Florida my coverage is good with either carrier.
    In time the Javelin will gain 3G and then I'll acquire that device and dare say I foresee myself being quite happy then.
    11-07-08 03:55 PM
    Funny, I'm on ATT and can't wait to leave for TMo once the 8900 comes out there. ATT is just too costly on their plans and being on South Florida my coverage is good with either carrier.
    In time the Javelin will gain 3G and then I'll acquire that device and dare say I foresee myself being quite happy then.
    Sorry Uber but AT&T will more than likely have the 8900 before T-Mobile. T-Mobile's not getting it until '09.

To the OP if you have a device you can live with for a bit, I would definitely wait, because some great new devices are coming to GSM carriers in 2009. They will blow your socks off.
    11-07-08 04:05 PM
    Sorry Uber but AT&T will more than likely have the 8900 before T-Mobile. T-Mobile's not getting it until '09.
    I know, I've been keeping up with the rumor mill and bits of evidence dropped by folks in the know /cough like you lol
    I'm waiting, waiting, waiting...

Is that a hint as to the Jav with 3G coming out soon!? Or the hybrid device with touchscreen, Jav form factor and 3G!?
    11-07-08 04:09 PM
    I know, I've been keeping up with the rumor mill and bits of evidence dropped by folks in the know /cough like you lol
    I'm waiting, waiting, waiting...

Is that a hint as to the Jav with 3G coming out soon!? Or the hybrid device with touchscreen, Jav form factor and 3G!?
    There have been "rumors" of both.
    11-07-08 05:32 PM
    CX, when you say "great new devices" are you talking solely BBs? Or others too?
    11-07-08 06:08 PM
    CX, when you say "great new devices" are you talking solely BBs? Or others too?
    Only BlackBerry's. Is there any other devices????
    11-07-08 06:14 PM
    CX you're going to make me feel like I'll be wasting my money on the curve 8900 tmo with this talk. And that *was* your preferred device a few months ago as I recall. *sigh*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 06:48 PM
    I've decided to wait for the 8900.

I was so close to buying a flip, then a bold. But I would rather get an 8900.

CX, is it going to drop in January to T-mobile, or later?

I can't believe ATT is getting another phone before us, its kinda disappointing.
    11-07-08 06:55 PM
    CX you're going to make me feel like I'll be wasting my money on the curve 8900 tmo with this talk. And that *was* your preferred device a few months ago as I recall. *sigh*

And it still is. But whats coming is better. Always is, that's the way it goes. You get what you like now because theres always something better coming. Then get it when it drops(if you can) or otherwise you'll be waiting forever.

I've decided to wait for the 8900.

I was so close to buying a flip, then a bold. But I would rather get an 8900.

CX, is it going to drop in January to T-mobile, or later?

I can't believe ATT is getting another phone before us, its kinda disappointing.
    T-Mobile won't get the 8900 until Jan or Feb '09.
    11-07-08 06:57 PM
    All depends what you want.

But for $100 I'd take the Bold in a heartbeat. Lack of 3g is a dealbreaker for the 8900 for me.
    11-07-08 07:11 PM
    All depends what you want.

But for $100 I'd take the Bold in a heartbeat. Lack of 3g is a dealbreaker for the 8900 for me.
    Well, i was so close to buying a bold, I searched for an ATT store that sold em to non customer, they had 1 left, and I was debating and someone came in and wanted it, so I passed....I can't justify spending 550 bucks for something that I can get for my service with my upgrade in 2 months. The wait sucks, if I bought that phone, and then got laid off later that day (which i did) it woulda been more sad.

Oh well, back to waiting, been waiting since august.

CX, hit me up with some info on when ATT is going to get the 8900, is it december? Cause the earlier the better cause then T-mo can get it
    11-07-08 07:17 PM
    Well, i was so close to buying a bold, I searched for an ATT store that sold em to non customer, they had 1 left, and I was debating and someone came in and wanted it, so I passed....I can't justify spending 550 bucks for something that I can get for my service with my upgrade in 2 months. The wait sucks, if I bought that phone, and then got laid off later that day (which i did) it woulda been more sad.

Oh well, back to waiting, been waiting since august.

CX, hit me up with some info on when ATT is going to get the 8900, is it december? Cause the earlier the better cause then T-mo can get it
    fins, I'm in the same boat as you. waiting does stick but after having and returning the bold, there really isn't anything at&t has to offer or any unlocked device worth the money (had the e71 already ). I'm using backup phones I have sitting around and it makes me sick. My understanding is that AT&T will have it for the holidays. Hopefully this comes true.
    11-07-08 07:34 PM
    Yea I hope so, thatd be nice if they do have it for holidays.
    11-07-08 07:50 PM
    That stinks that T-Mobile will not have the 8900 until next year! Guess I will likely make my Curve last until the 3G Jav comes out. I think I need CX's job!

11-07-08 08:00 PM
    That stinks that T-Mobile will not have the 8900 until next year! Guess I will likely make my Curve last until the 3G Jav comes out. I think I need CX's job!

Haha, you don't want my job, trust me.
    11-07-08 08:39 PM
    does anyone think that the keyboard on the bold "looks" better then the javelin?
    I think it gives it a more sleeek look. what do you guys think?
    So at&t is getting the 8900 THIS year eh? any reason why tmo is holding back?
    11-07-08 08:41 PM
    I like the bold keys better than the javelin.
    11-07-08 08:43 PM
    does anyone think that the keyboard on the bold "looks" better then the javelin?
    I think it gives it a more sleeek look. what do you guys think?
    So at&t is getting the 8900 THIS year eh? any reason why tmo is holding back?
    the bolds keyboard is wider so people are liking it more I guess. the 8900 keyboard is pretty much the same as a 8300 curve series. it will always be personal preference. I prefer a smaller device with qwerty, so 8900 for me
    11-07-08 09:00 PM
    heh i want a javelin too, just the wait and lack of any date or official announcement is the part that i think kills everyone wanting it.
    11-07-08 09:13 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD