Alright everyone,
    I have a friend that has a Blackberry 8530 with Sprint. Her phone will not send picture text messages, but it will infact recieve them. The phone has not been flashed or anything. What would cause this to happen, and what can be done to fix it? To my knowledge she has not updated the OS on the phone. Is there "enable" and "disable" function on the phone that by default is "disabled" for the mms picture texting? Any help would be awesome!
    01-25-11 10:02 AM
    I believe step 1 would be for her to backup her data using BB Desktop Manager, step 2 would be updating OS, step 3 would be to make sure she has the ability to send/receive (yes, I know that she can receive them, but sometimes the carrier needs to activate it so she can actually send/receive w/out being charged), and then last, I would do a battery pull...scratch that, I would do a battery pull first, then the other steps. Good luck!
    ModderXstatic likes this.
    01-25-11 11:22 AM
    I talked to her last night and she said that she took it into the Sprint store last fall and they had no idea what was wrong with it. I will try the things suggested, does anyone know the proper settings under the MMS options/settings menu? I also called a Tech at my sprint location and he said that he has never heard of having to call sprint to activate the MMS. Any thoughts?
    01-26-11 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD