My wife has a new 8530 Curve and when they transferred her contacts from her old phone, some of them got screwed up royally. I loaded the latest version of the Desktop Manager to her laptop and conected her BB to it, went through the setup procedured to sync her address book and when I say sync I get the error "wireless synchronisation must be turned off". I have read both here and on the BB site and have no clue how to do this.

From the BB site I have these instructions:

Overview
    Synchronize organizer data such as tasks, memos, contacts, and calendar entries so that organization data on the BlackBerry smartphone and the email application on the computer are identical. When wireless organizer data synchronization is on, organizer data is automatically synchronized over the wireless network. Turn wireless organizer data synchronization on or off for the following BlackBerry smartphone applications:

Contact list
    Calendar
    Memo list
    Task list

To turn wireless organizer data synchronization on or off, complete the following steps:

On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Address Book.
    Click the Menu key, and then click Options.
    Click Desktop.
    In the Wireless Synchronization field, select Yes to turn on wireless organizer data synchronization or No to turn it off.
    Press the Escape button.
    Click Save.
    Repeat these steps for the calendar, memo list, and task list applications.

That would be all well and good but nowhere in the options is there a DESKTOP.

Help Please what am I doing wrong or what is wrong with the BB.
    03-18-10 10:04 AM
    Is she connected to the BIS or BES.
    03-18-10 10:30 AM
    It is a personal BB connecting to a personal laptop, not a company one, we have no BES or BIS.
    03-18-10 10:48 AM
    If it's not on a company server, then you have to have BIS for the data service.

Are you using Outlook to sync?

I had this issue as well upon first synchronization.

On your BB, go to the Email Set up and edit the account you want to sync with the DM. Make sure the wireless synchronization is off for contacts.

This is how I had to fix the issue syncing my gmail with Outlook. The Gmail sync for contacts kept giving me repeated contacts so I switched to Outlook to keep them managed.

E
    03-18-10 05:13 PM
    Try this:

Open Address Book, Menu, Options

You'll see the Contact Options window. Under Contact lists, check if any of the enties have Wireless sync turned on.
    03-18-10 06:02 PM
    Thank you SO much! I was getting so frustrated with the BlackBerry instructions! Your advice worked and is UBER APPRECIATED!

On your BB, go to the Email Set up and edit the account you want to sync with the DM. Make sure the wireless synchronization is off for contacts.
    This is how I had to fix the issue syncing my gmail with Outlook. The Gmail sync for contacts kept giving me repeated contacts so I switched to Outlook to keep them managed.
    E
    05-20-10 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD