My wife used to have an 8330 and now has a storm 1. She likes the storm, but theres always something that she can find to complain about it. She talks often about how much she liked her old 8330 and has talked about ditching her storm to go back to it.

Shes ready for an upgrade (new every 2) and can get an 8530 for damn near free. Question is would she miss anything going from the storm 1 to the 8530? She primarily uses the phone for talk (duh), facebook, internet, and music. She just discovered that she can use her Storm in place of her Ipod, would she be able to use the 8530 for the same purpose? What might she miss from switching? Screen size dosent seem to be an issue for her.
    06-13-10 01:27 AM
    I just got a 8530 and once I have it squared away, it will rotate duty with a Storm 1 and an 8330. Each will usually see a week or two before I switch phones. I just got the 8530 the other day, so we'll see how much I like it.

8330: Pros: awesome battery life, great keyboard, reliable as a hammer.
    Cons: slow

9530: Pros: fast, neat-factor of the touchscreen, big screen
    Cons: so-so battery life, fat-finger factor of the touchscreen, memory leaks a bit (but latest leak is a good OS). Heavier in the pocket.

8530: Pros:Light, new, wifi, touchpad, fast, lotsa memory
    Cons: battery life SUCKS (so far...on day #3, and it's improving running a leak. If it continues to improve for the next few days, I suspect battery life will be on-par with my Storm, which, after the latest OS settled in, is actually somewhat respectable.

[quote]Question is would she miss anything going from the storm 1 to the 8530? [/quoute]
    Maybe the neat factor of the touch screen.
    She primarily uses the phone for talk (duh), facebook, internet, and music. She just discovered that she can use her Storm in place of her Ipod, would she be able to use the 8530 for the same purpose?
    Yes.

If the memory leak issue on the Storm (what OS is it running?) and inferior battery life (as compared to the 8330) isn't an issue for her, she'll love the 8530. *Much* more memory (and rock solid) along with wifi are nice.

What does she not like about the Storm? Would the Storm 2 be an option for her? I might go looking for one on CL soon...
    06-13-10 04:30 AM
    The storm is the worst blackberry ever. Go for the 8530.
    06-13-10 05:07 AM
    i was thinking too fo the storm 2 should i sell my 8520 and buy a storm2?? cause it mite be upgraded to OS 6 right?
    06-13-10 08:25 AM
    My wife used to have an 8330 and now has a storm 1. She likes the storm, but theres always something that she can find to complain about it. She talks often about how much she liked her old 8330 and has talked about ditching her storm to go back to it.

Shes ready for an upgrade (new every 2) and can get an 8530 for damn near free. Question is would she miss anything going from the storm 1 to the 8530? She primarily uses the phone for talk (duh), facebook, internet, and music. She just discovered that she can use her Storm in place of her Ipod, would she be able to use the 8530 for the same purpose? What might she miss from switching? Screen size dosent seem to be an issue for her.
    Considering that he 8530 is the direct update from the 8330, I can only imagine she's enjoy it. Battery is actually good, provided you do your homework about it: close apps after using, keeping Wi-Fi on only when using... the usual stuff.

The phone is lighter but packs moree power. 3G speeds, more memory for apps and the system files, OS 5.0 out of the box. All in all, a fast device.

If you can returt to the store if you don't like what you pick up, I say go for a test drive.

i was thinking too fo the storm 2 should i sell my 8520 and buy a storm2?? cause it mite be upgraded to OS 6 right?
    Why not wait till yo know what will and what won't get 6 before you do something?
    06-13-10 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD