I had my work email working fine on my 8530 and then it decided not to receive emails anymore. My IT guy had me "wipe" my unit and then I tried to get my work email to go, but all it would do is show my the sent work emails and I could not not receive work emails. I also lost the ability to send emails after hitting the reply button. I would read a email - say it was from my Yahoo account and the I would hit reply, write a response and then I would go and send it BUT guess what - NO SEND funtion available.

Anybody got some ideas?

Thanks,
    Beru516
    06-22-10 07:13 PM
    I had my work email working fine on my 8530 and then it decided not to receive emails anymore. My IT guy had me "wipe" my unit and then I tried to get my work email to go, but all it would do is show my the sent work emails and I could not not receive work emails. I also lost the ability to send emails after hitting the reply button. I would read a email - say it was from my Yahoo account and the I would hit reply, write a response and then I would go and send it BUT guess what - NO SEND funtion available.

Anybody got some ideas?

Thanks,
    Beru516
    Hey Beru, welcome to the boards

It sounds like your IT guy did not register your phone with your work servers properly. Make sure that to have him double check that your phone can receive emails and has the proper permissions on your work server. With being connected to BES, your IT administrator has full control over your device and unfortunately there isn't much you can do from your side.

Also, just for kicks, try pulling out your battery and putting it back in to let the device fully restart.
    06-22-10 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD