I got my phone on the first day and my friend got hers last week and we have diff keypads.the one she hads is stiff and mine is more plastic and moves around. Can anybody tell me why this is?
    12-27-09 09:57 PM
    These are both verizon phones?
    12-27-09 11:47 PM
    i noticed this as well!!!

i have the 8530 through verizon and my keypad "moves around" so to speak. my coworker just got the 8520 through AT&T and her keypad is more stiff.

my guess is that it's yet another minor difference between the 8520/8530.

but i'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed. it's rather annoying eh?
    12-28-09 07:57 AM
    Yes both are verizon
    12-28-09 11:39 AM
    Strange, would you mind posting pictures of the keyboards?

I knew that the 8530 and 8520 were different but I'm surprised that 2 8530s would be different.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 12:02 PM
    yeah when i see her i will 4 sure
    12-28-09 03:02 PM
    Yes please get some pictures of this. I got my 8530 from Sprint right before xmas and my keyboard is very tight and doesn't feel plastic like others have claimed. I'm wondering if Rim fixed an issue midway through here and nothing was really said or noticed.
    12-28-09 03:23 PM
    I got my 8530 from verizon, and the key board is still tight.
    12-28-09 07:11 PM
    I have my 8530 through Verizon and my keypad is tight and doesn't plasticy/cheap. I got my phone about 3 weeks ago.

12-29-09 08:22 AM
    I got mines thru RadioShack(Sprint)...about three weeks ago I decided to upgrade from the 8330 to the 8530 and they only had the black one available and my purple one was in back order...two weeks passed and I finally got a phone call saying my purple 8530 has arrived and I could come in and swap it out...once activated and went to the Sprint store to have address book transferred, went home and started downloading things and what not and I noticed my keyboard was really shifting not a wiggle here and there but shifting like blackberry keypad tornado shifting...any who I called RadioShack and the manager placed another order for me...three days passed and got my phone call to come in and swap it out again...now this time there was three purple phones there and before the sales associate activate anything I checked the keypads on all three phones even a black one a customer who was using that was also there to swap her's out for a purple one and all of them shifts but not as badly as my tornado one...but let me tell you something cuz the original black one that I had first way before the purple one didn't move at all...so what is going on here? Is there any way this can be fix? Did they forget to tighten them in the factory?
    01-31-10 12:59 PM
    i got mine from sprint and its stiff, definately doesnt move unlike my 8330 which would move a little bit, this keyboard seems a bit more solid
    01-31-10 09:57 PM
    Don't own one yet (though I will on Friday if T2 doesn't drop), but I have noticed this too. On several store 8530 (Sprint and VZ) I've noticed a difference. Some have a lot of play/wiggle and others don't move very much at all; even seen it side by side at VZ. I could not find a rhyme or reason. I'd have to guess the 'loose' ones are earlier gen models, but its pure conjecture on my part. I've also noticed varying levels of screen lifting, though nothing crazy.

I do have a ques you 8530 owners.. Do all the keys require the same amount of force to depress and do they all give the same feedback? I'm not talking the send/menu/back/end keys.. just the alpha-numerics.
    01-31-10 10:08 PM
    I do have a ques you 8530 owners.. Do all the keys require the same amount of force to depress and do they all give the same feedback? I'm not talking the send/menu/back/end keys.. just the alpha-numerics.
    On my Sprint model it's not as tactile as I would like and I often find myself having to look at the screen to see if a button press actually registered. It's challenging to get good purchase on those tiny buttons consistently each time which may account for the perceived difference you're noticing. Even when a button press fails to react as expected I have never thought that the problem was the result of a bad button -- just a poor press.

btw, no issues with a loose keyboard on my Sprint 8530
    02-01-10 02:27 PM
    Don't own one yet (though I will on Friday if T2 doesn't drop), but I have noticed this too. On several store 8530 (Sprint and VZ) I've noticed a difference. Some have a lot of play/wiggle and others don't move very much at all; even seen it side by side at VZ. I could not find a rhyme or reason. I'd have to guess the 'loose' ones are earlier gen models, but its pure conjecture on my part. I've also noticed varying levels of screen lifting, though nothing crazy.

I am finding that some keys I press and it doesn't seem like I pressed them at all.. Especially the space key and at times the p key. The others make a clicking noise so I know they've been pressed. It's weird.

02-01-10 10:35 PM
    Mine moves and I got mine from sprint. I wish I knew if this was normal. This thread confuses me...some seem to have still keypads and some moves. I just got mine and want to know if I got a defected one or not.
    My 8330 doesn't move but it is different from this one

05-21-10 09:46 PM
    Confuses you maybe but it points the truth: this happens to some devices only.

On a side note, you brough back a thread dead for 2 months...
    05-21-10 09:53 PM
    is there a rule that I can't ask a question on a 2 month threaD? I didn't know. I'm tring to figure if I should replace the new phone I got yesterday or not. I see that it happens to some devices. That doesn't really answer if it is normal or not

05-21-10 10:06 PM
    Thank the wonderful differences in Kuala Lumpur manufacturing.
    05-24-10 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD