My girlfriend just got an 8530 and the rep at the VZW store attempted to set up her Hotmail email, but come to find out, he was unsuccessful. She does not have the icon on her screen, but gets an email from the Activation Server ([email protected]) saying:
    Action Required: Leave messages on the server
    If you use and email client (e.g. Microsoft(R) Outlook(R), Mozilla(R) Thunderbird(TM), etc.) to access your [email protected] messages, change your email client settings to leave your email messages on the server. If the email client does not leave email messages on the server, the BlackBerry(R) Internet Service may not be able to deliver them to your BlackBerry(R) device.

For one, she has never used Outlook as an email client and when I go to the Internet Services web page, I get an error messages saying:
    Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service.

I have tried different Hotmail accounts, including the one that works fine on my 9530.

Any ideas?
    06-13-10 06:44 PM
    There are plenty of reports about problems with both Yahoo and Hotmail. Still, you can try the folder with the green engine (Config/Setup/whatever) and run the Email wizard.

It will ask for the login/password you use for BIS. Log in and add the hotmail account you want.

Even thou people are reporting hotmail not to work, I just tried and it is workig well enough. 1st email tood 2 minutes but the 2nd was in the device within 15secs.
    06-13-10 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD