I've had my 8530 for almost 2 weeks now and overall I am very pleased w the phone. This is my first BB and my only concern is battery life. I had a full charge yesterday @ 3pm and am now down to 45% at 6am. Is this normal? I had an LG Dare that lasted for like 3 days no prob. I understand the BB has much more going on and the battery is going to need to be charged more often but it seems like it should be lasting longer than this. Mostly just txting/talking I hardly used the browser at all during the mentioned time. Also I have 30 days to return if I want a diff phone did I make the right choice w the curve or should I go w the tour?? Thanks!
    02-19-10 04:54 AM
    1) make sure that when you are done with an app that it is properly closed (press menu and scroll down to close)
    2) turn off wifi, blutooth, and GPS unless they are needed. Turn them on only for the time they are needed then turn them off
    3) turn down your screen brightness to about 50 or less
    4) update your OS. Seems like upgrading to 5.0 really helps battery life on this model.
    5) do a search on battery life, there is a great article on here that goes into better detail about ways to stretch your battery life. I've just given you a quick summary

Best of luck!

PS charge your berry whenever you have the chance. The batteries in blackberries prefer to be constantly "topped up" rather then run all the way down and charged up to full then run all the way down again.
    02-19-10 07:11 AM
    Thx. I have had my 8530 curve for 3 days now and noticed my battery life is shorter than expected. I will follow with the sugs poSted above. I hate thinking about turning my gps off bcuz if stole or lost (if phone hasn't died) I wuld like to know where its @. I do run a lot of apps so I understand y its being drain. Just expected in this day and age a phone with multiple apps that can run them concurrentlu wuld have a battery witj all day long capacity.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 02:22 AM
    Ya, I too am quite disapointed with the battery life on my 8530. I'll have it fully charged when I leave for work (around 6:30am), and by the time I get home at 5:30pm my battery is under 40%. My old 8130 would go for about a week or so before I'd have to charge it...maybe I'll go back to my old model....NOT. I really do lve the 8530, it just NEEDS longer battery life!
    02-21-10 07:01 AM
    I feel the same way. The battery life is the only drawback to the 8530 that I've found. I can usually charge for a couple of hours at work each day & charge over night, so it isn't that big a deal. Still, I'm considering the (2600 mAh) extended battery from Seidio. Not sure about the added bulk, but still giving it some thought.

Anyone here rocking the extended battery? Experience bad, good or both?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-21-10 11:15 AM
    I registered here just because of this problem. However..... I had pretty decent life right up until I downloaded the recent software upgrade. AFTER that, my battery is completely dead by 7pm-8pm after pulling it off the charger at 6am.
    Last edited by glock35ipsc; 04-07-10 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Added thread reply notification
    04-07-10 10:04 PM
    I registered here just because of this problem. However..... I had pretty decent life right up until I downloaded the recent software upgrade. AFTER that, my battery is completely dead by 7pm-8pm after pulling it off the charger at 6am.
    You can downgrade the os, its very easy if you upgraded on your phone using wireless update.

04-07-10 10:17 PM
    I did use wireless update. So how would I go about downgrading it? Thanks!
    04-07-10 10:36 PM
    I have the Curve 2 (8530) and the battery lasts all day; the only time I charge my BB is when I go to bed at night. My backlight is set to 60% brightness and I turn the Wi-Fi off whenever my BB is not connected to a Wi-Fi network. I'm constantly using my BB for facebook and twitter. I don't really use the internet browser all that much -- with the exception for google (can't stand bing). So far, I am thoroughly impressed with my new toy.
    Last edited by OhOkBrandon; 04-07-10 at 10:42 PM.
    04-07-10 10:39 PM
    try a battery pull
    04-07-10 10:46 PM
    i've had my phone since jan of this year; my 2nd BB so far and my battery has been good to me and yes its a 8530; i dont charge it as much as my boyfriend does his which he does every night mine is every other night just to keep thee battery life full. i try not to let it drain so much, but i do use thee net alot, i also txt constantly and use pretty much everythin on my phone daily; but i've gotten into thee habit of making sure i close everythin' not just pushin' end. and it seems to help alot i also use standby mode when i kno i wont be using my phone for awhile; at night especially. . .
    04-08-10 01:46 AM
    try a battery pull
    i have owned this device for about 2 weeks and i have noticed the battery dies very quickly, but in my opinion battery pulls take more out of the battery, due to the fact that it takes anywhere from 3 - 10 minutes to reboot. but try closing applications that are not being used, set the phone for autio on and auto off, dont charge the battery for more than 10 hours, and if you do some research there are apps that allow you to tweak some of the settings ie network, wifi, bluetooth, etc etc.
    04-08-10 03:10 AM
    Every battery thread should auto post that you should upgrade to VZ OS .508
    04-08-10 03:29 AM
    Every battery thread should auto post that you should upgrade to VZ OS .508
    My battery lasted a good long time until the upgrade, that's when it started going dead much sooner.
    04-08-10 09:28 AM
    My battery life seems to be doing fine on .508. I also always have UberTwitter running in the background refreshing every 5 minutes, lasts me all day. I would say I get about 20hrs out of it before it needs to be plugged back in.
    04-08-10 03:07 PM
    I did use wireless update. So how would I go about downgrading it? Thanks!
    Ok, you just have to go into options, advanced options, wireless update, and after you get to the screen where you check for updates, it should show up right there, but as a downgrade. That is how it worked for me, and I am trying to upgrade to Verizon's OS but nobody has told me how? I can't figure it out, even after downloading it from their site...
    04-08-10 10:05 PM
    You have to factor in all the apps your using, the wifi and bluetooth your using, and all that signal searching when in buildings and elevators. These smartphones are constantly doing something. If you want your battery to last stop using it for anything other than a phone. If the only thing you are doing is making and receiving phone calls it will last for days. Unless of course you are on a 5 hour phone call. Deal with it. Or get a phone with no features!

04-09-10 04:38 PM
    You have to factor in all the apps your using, the wifi and bluetooth your using, and all that signal searching when in buildings and elevators. These smartphones are constantly doing something. If you want your battery to last stop using it for anything other than a phone. If the only thing you are doing is making and receiving phone calls it will last for days. Unless of course you are on a 5 hour phone call. Deal with it. Or get a phone with no features!

A blackberry should be able to last through the day, if not more than one day, and the reason we are worried about the battery life/battery is because other blackberry users get days out of their phones.

04-09-10 07:04 PM
    As long as it lasts me till I get home I'm fine! I can't it die on me halfway through work. I'm always on it anyways. Emails CB or txts plus slacker or pandora running in the background

04-09-10 11:45 PM
    I have the same situation with my battery life. When I first got it it was perfectly fine. I would take off my charger at 6am and I charge it back around 10pm so it last pretty long but when I upgraded it the battery dies out fast. All my applications are turned off while I'm in class and it went from 100% to 75% after my class. I dont understand why.
    07-23-10 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD