hi, i've had my 8520 curve for about 2 months now and today when i took my phone out of my pocket i noticed these white horizontal lines had appeared at the bottom of the screen, i havnt dropped it or sat on it or done any damage that i can recall and there is no marks or dents on the outside of the screen.

i did a battery pull but they are still there, there are there no matter what i do on the phone they dont go away.

included a pic; http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad257/x4kmj/8520.jpg

any ideas if this would be just a replacement lcd screen or if its something else?

thanks if you could help me
    03-10-10 12:38 PM
    Although you say you haven't done anything to cause this, that picture looks like some damage was done physically to the phone. I would suggest a new LCD screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 12:41 PM
    Yeah... It might be hardware damage, but I'd give software problems a chance...

Try this:

Do a backup of the device and then wipe it. Options > Security Options > Menu I believe.

See how it behaves after that. I don't know could as well be a buggy app. If you are willing to try, do an OS Update just to clear all software issue chances.

If after that you still have lines, either return the device to store or get a new LCD online. :/
    03-10-10 01:37 PM
    hi, i've had my 8520 curve for about 2 months now and today when i took my phone out of my pocket i noticed these white horizontal lines had appeared at the bottom of the screen, i havnt dropped it or sat on it or done any damage that i can recall and there is no marks or dents on the outside of the screen.

i did a battery pull but they are still there, there are there no matter what i do on the phone they dont go away.

included a pic; http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad257/x4kmj/8520.jpg

any ideas if this would be just a replacement lcd screen or if its something else?

thanks if you could help me
    hello i have the same problem did you find a fix please?
    03-16-11 04:18 PM
    Do yoiu keep your device in your pocket? That looks like pressure damage. If what Deigo says above dosent work, your in for a lcd replacement, IMHO.
    03-17-11 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD