Okay so over the past week or so my 8520 has been messing up a lot! At first it wouldn't connect to the network but a new sim solved this problem. Ever since the phone just keeps turning itself off for no reason? It does it about 5-10 times a day an usually when im walking about or sometimes just trying to write a text?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Sam
    05-25-10 04:44 AM
    Try updating the OS.
    05-25-10 05:40 AM
    Ok ill try, although last time i updated it,it ended up wiping the whole phone an took me days to get working again :\
    05-25-10 05:41 AM
    Wait, did you auto switch off your phone? Wait, that's not possible..

You should try upgrading ur software. Just do a back-up and restore it later

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 05:54 AM
    Ah okay, is there any instructions for doing it on a mac? I cant remember how to do it..
    05-25-10 07:21 AM
    Why people with Macs buy Berries?... Do they really like to suffer?... Maybe I should wonder why people with Berries buy Macs... anyway... Mac support is poor and half the solutions do not work on Macs. If anything goes wrong, you'll be stuck with a non-working device and will have to hunt down a PC. :/

Besides... Macs are of the enemy ><

Friend, I would just take it back to the store and have them look at it. Reboots are not normal and usually relate to hardware issues.
    05-25-10 09:37 AM
    Lets also not overlook the battery not making good contact for some reason. The key is, does it turn off while you are moving or active with it? If so, I would look at the battery and the contacts and make sure the battery is well seated and tight first.
    05-25-10 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD