HI There.
    I have just aquired a Blackberry 8520 and as is usual I have explored the possibilities available to personalise. I have managed to get my custom ringtone, no problem there, but I cannot find how to get a custom alert for
    SMS.
    The user guide tells me to go to my homepage and click on the sounds icon
    but there is no sounds Icon.
    Is it me, am I making this too difficult, am I missing something.
    Can any one enlighten me as to how to change my custom alert for SMS?
    Thanks
    onlyvfr
    06-29-10 10:57 PM
    HI There.
    I have just aquired a Blackberry 8520 and as is usual I have explored the possibilities available to personalise. I have managed to get my custom ringtone, no problem there, but I cannot find how to get a custom alert for
    SMS.
    The user guide tells me to go to my homepage and click on the sounds icon
    but there is no sounds Icon.
    Is it me, am I making this too difficult, am I missing something.
    Can any one enlighten me as to how to change my custom alert for SMS?
    Thanks
    onlyvfr
    There should be a 'Sounds' icon on top left of the home screen, unless you changed the theme. You can go to 'Sounds', then go to 'Set Ring Tones/Alerts'... Under 'Messages', there should be 'SMS Text' and you can change the alerts and ringtones from there.
    06-29-10 11:10 PM
    hey I'm having sort of a issue with this. I set my custom ringtones for both phone and sms. When certain people text me I get the stock ringtone. Can anyone help with this
    06-30-10 02:29 AM
    hey I'm having sort of a issue with this. I set my custom ringtones for both phone and sms. When certain people text me I get the stock ringtone. Can anyone help with this
    Click Profiles>Scroll down to Advanced and Select Advanced>Highlight and Select the Profile marked (Active)>Select the Category you want to change. Now you are on the correct screen where you can make all the changes. Keep in mind that if you change profiles, say from Loud to Silent, the settings will change to what is in the Silent Profile. For best results go through every setting for every Profile and match it up to what you desire, but keep in mind that adding a ringtone to the Silent Profile makes it NOT silent anymore, etc.
    Last edited by kwkid; 06-30-10 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Typo
    06-30-10 08:29 PM
    Do what kwkid said. But if your desired ringtone still doesn't play, try a battery pull.
    07-01-10 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD